• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rhonin

My lore character Kirin Tor Archmage variant
the armour is base on my previos Aethas model...
hope u guys enjoy...
and don't foget gv credit me when use...
:D enjoy and have fun...
and special thanks to
paladinjst who make the robe of dalaran

Update fixed
gem on pauldrons
spell Channel added
Particle reduce...
Spell animation fix...
sound of death animation...
file size reduce
left handle change to right handle
Armor change
weapon change
Symbol recolour
spell bug fixed
More accurate hair style
final update replace armor and cape

Reference
SetRatioSize10243000-Rhonin-by-Boros-Szikszai.jpg
Contents

Rhonin Archmage (Model)

Rhonin Archmage (Model)

Level 50
This models of yours are nice. You have improved a lot. I like it how you combine different geosets to make good shoulderpads and weapons. Keep up the good work. And you definitely should get better modeling program so you can create your own unique meshes.

Level 34
This models of yours are nice. You have improved a lot. I like it how you combine different geosets to make good shoulderpads and weapons. Keep up the good work. And you definitely should get better modeling program so you can create your own unique meshes.
I'm currently use Mdlvis and war3modeledited these 2 only... do u ve any other model program recommand @@

Sure, get Milkshape, or better 3dsmax. They cost money, but are worth it, believe me. ;)
any free download site... XDDD cuz I just use to 'killing my time' I dont want spend money on it XDDD

Last edited:
Moderation Comment:

This is a nicely done model, and surely useful. You need to lower that particle count, though. It almost reaches 500 particles in regular animations as Stand. Not only it is an overkill of effects visually, but also each particle mean 2 polygons to be processed. You can achieve good results with fewer, but bigger, particles. Just to give you an example, the Firelord, which is a particle heavy model, has around 90 particles at its stand animations. You shouldn't go above that in this model. Play around with their size, opacity, fading, etc, and you'll see how easy it is to get good results.
In addition, those particles leave a trail in-game by the hero's shoulders. That doesn't look right. Trails left from weapons, or staves, do look alright in-game, but you'll probably do better setting the shoulder particles fixed to Model Space, so they don't spread around in the game scene, and your model should then leave 1 single trail of particles, which seems much more reasonable and looks better imo.
If you have any doubt on how to solve those particle issues, feel free to contact me.
The other issue I see is that the death sound it uses doesn't correspond to the death animation. There's a very present impact sound of the corpse hitting the floor around 1 second after he already fell down. You might want to change that sound (or the animation)..

Except for that, it's a great piece. Useful for a cinematic/campaign hero, since it has many talk animations. Fix those issues and we'll be good to go.

Jul, 30 - Changes done, resource approved.

Last edited:
Level 34
Moderation Comment:

This is a nicely done model, and surely useful. You need to lower that particle count, though. It almost reaches 500 particles in regular animations as Stand. Not only it is an overkill of effects visually, but also each particle mean 2 polygons to be processed. You can achieve good results with fewer, but bigger, particles. Just to give you an example, the Firelord, which is a particle heavy model, has around 90 particles at its stand animations. You shouldn't go above that in this model. Play around with their size, opacity, fading, etc, and you'll see how easy it is to get good results.
In addition, those particles leave a trail in-game by the hero's shoulders. That doesn't look right. Trails left from weapons, or staves, do look alright in-game, but you'll probably do better setting the shoulder particles fixed to Model Space, so they don't spread around in the game scene, and your model should then leave 1 single trail of particles, which seems much more reasonable and looks better imo.
If you have any doubt on how to solve those particle issues, feel free to contact me.
The other issue I see is that the death sound it uses doesn't correspond to the death animation. There's a very present impact sound of the corpse hitting the floor around 1 second after he already fell down. You might want to change that sound (or the animation)..

Except for that, it's a great piece. Useful for a cinematic/campaign hero, since it has many talk animations. Fix those issues and we'll be good to go.

Thx for the review sir! Can u make an example for me...
cuz im still confuse wif the particles things... :D

kangyun, you can use Magos to do that, it really isn't hard.

Firstly, open your model and under Edit > Properties you'll find the Display options in which you should enable Debug Information.

View attachment 243984 - View attachment 243985

The particles can be edited under Node Manager. Reduce their emission rate and increase their size. Do that drastically, until you don't go way too much above 100-200 in the Stand animations. (The fewer, the better, as long as the result is good)
If you have doubt on that, there are tutorials about particle effects here at THW

Don't forget to check "Model Space" on the shoulder particles, so they don't spread all around the map, and they stay fixed to the shoulderpads.

thx sir! :)

Last edited:
Thx for the review sir! Can u make an example for me...
cuz im still confuse wif the particles things... :D
kangyun, you can use Magos to do that, it really isn't hard.

Firstly, open your model and under Edit > Properties you'll find the Display options in which you should enable Debug Information.

upload_2016-7-23_13-36-8.png
-
upload_2016-7-23_13-36-20.png

The particles can be edited under Node Manager. Reduce their emission rate and increase their size. Do that drastically, until you don't go way too much above 100-200 in the Stand animations. (The fewer, the better, as long as the result is good)
If you have doubt on that, there are tutorials about particle effects here at THW

Don't forget to check "Model Space" on the shoulder particles, so they don't spread all around the map, and they stay fixed to the shoulderpads.

Level 8
OMFG...
My recommendation about "the weapon needs to be more epic", you took it very seriously. o_O
Now it looks amazing buddy! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:
Level 2
This model is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Awesome work man 4/5. One thing that would improve it was to make the weapon an Arcane themed staff just like the shoulders.

Level 2
So I decided to use this model in my campaign. But I've found a strange bug: when he casts a spell, he keeps doing the "spell channel" animation forever, and the player has to manually order him to do other thing. Can you tell me how to solve this please? I really want to use your model. (Sorry for my bad english)