1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reviving Diablo 3 Warcraft - Suggestions for Developers and Players

Discussion in 'Diablo III Warcraft' started by Miles111, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Miles111

Miles111

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Reviving Diablo 3 Warcraft

This no longer applies. Please read on to the end of the thread.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. Miles111

Miles111

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Also, KEEP THE INVENTORY SYSTEM FROM V1.19b!!! The new one that i guess you guys want to use for 1.2 looks horrible compared to the one for 1.19b.

3. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I appreciate your efforts but sadly we've all unmotivated and have all abandoned the project months ago.It was a fun ride though.

However, it's nice that our map spouted quite a lot of clones which are in most cases, if not all, are a lot better than our map. Perhaps you could share some of your ideas with those projects and support them?

PS: The new inventory made by Anachron isn't as buggy as ours thus one reason why we wanted to use it instead of ours.

4. Miles111

Miles111

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No. I've played many D3 maps and none of them are comparable to this one. I BET YOU if I got a source to this map and just made some little changes this map could be huge.

If your the person to talk to about this, if its not asking for too much I would like an unprotected version of v1.19b. Ill get this project going again and hand it to you guys, you WILL be surprised.

5. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  6. Miles111

Miles111

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  7. Koloricsi

Koloricsi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gogogo Miles 111! :D

8. Miles111

Miles111

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I got a flimsy save/load system on the map, I don't think it will work with items (with the new inventory system) yet, but I will be testing it out and seeing what needs to be done. I kept getting an error though when I tried saving the map in the editor, even when I made no changes though, something about the camlock and a bunch of other "unexpected lines in code". I uninstalled my warcraft 3 client and WEUnlimited because I think it was what had been affecting this. Installing right now, and after I am done I will greatly increase the experience needed to level from, maybe 15 or 16, onward and will work on higher ranks of all hero spells.

9. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, that error is related to an old system CloudWolf used during the first days of the map. Sadly he never fully removed it after I replaced it with a better camera.

So, if you want to get away with the error just remove all custom codes related to camlock.

And btw, NEVER USE WEU. I recommend that you uninstall it from your computer and install NewGen instead which is what we used to make the map.

10. Miles111

Miles111

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Newgen worked, and I find working with it seems a lot nicer for some reason lol

11. Miles111

Miles111

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok, nvm

Its not showing the errors when im saving anymore, but when i try to run the map in the game it doesnt work. When i click on the map no player slots show up unless i click on another map then click on d3, but even when i do that if i try to run the map the UI goes away as if it was going to jump to a loading screen, but then it just comes back. When i try using Test Map from the map editor WC3 just gets an error

EDIT:: I tried hosting it on battle.net and an error comes up saying "The game was not found."

12. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That means that you somehow managed to corrupt the map. Happened quite a lot for us due to the rubbish old codes hanging around. :p

Try start from scratch and make sure to corrupt the map.

13. Miles111

Miles111

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't see how that could have happened, I tried saving the map without even editing and I had the same problem. :(

14. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, I can't help you there. Sry.

15. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It may got corrupted due to WEU.

16. neku99

neku99

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    could it be you saved it with a previous warcraft 3 versionNah I think you have the latest but you know it could be a possibility ...

17. Miles111

Miles111

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't have time to make a long post atm, but I got back on today and found out the problems are with some triggers. I'll be working on it more today, and @Anachron, I deleted WEU and reinstalled Warcraft 3 :D

18. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    But that doesn't make any change to the mapfile, if its corrupted, there is no way to remove the corruption.

19. Miles111

Miles111

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Found out the problem, its something in the trigger category of "LTGH's Inventory System".
    LOL this is exactly what I was worried about, the problem is in the exact system that I don't understand.

I'll see what I can do, just felt I should give you guys this update

20. Miles111

Miles111

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok, the problem is with the camera system in the inventory (thank god lol). If it was any part of the main system I would have been screwed. Ill look at the coding and see if I can remake the camera system for the inventory system :D

EDIT:: the Inventory Switch Camera is whats causing this problem, lol I have no idea how it just is. Anachron, Red Marine, do any of you have any ideas?

Last edited: May 4, 2010