• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resuscitation of some maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello everyone.

I'm here to open up a discussion to talk, the idea of resuscitate, etc about old Wacraft 3 maps that have been successful in their periods, which includes the maps: Pyramid Escape, Mafa TD, and Anime Fight.

For me best worked was Pyramid Escape, multiple complex challenges, teamwork, etc.
Anime Fight removing the Dota, it was the map I think I played the most, played with friends, played online. The map was very unbalanced, however it was possible to ban the heroes imbas (not all, at max 5). Heroes with some interresting details such as Vash could fool the enemy, feigned that the Ultimate is channeling.
Mafa TD, the Gold Towers, which made money for players. Anti-Boss Towers, etc.

If any of you had good experiences with some of those maps, tell if you want.

Level 9
I do not have enough technical knowledge, and this map to remake it is good to have a team (A lot of content).

Level 9
Pyramid Escape died with update that took away the failure to be infected by virus. However, not only did it hit Pyramid Escape as all previous maps to that patch. Pyramid Escape was a good map worked, and did not deserve to die that way. I wish that revive it.

If you do a similar or better, is good do not forget to inform me.

Level 5
Yes, this is a great idea.

The top maps of the time were Life of Peasant (LOAP), Real Life For Morons, DBZ Tribute Ultra v9.3 (everything after is garbage), Island Defense (everything after 2.8.1.c I think it was, aka everything before Pandamime joined the team (lol, we all know how that went)), Europa, Lord of the Rings Ring Wars (LOTR Ring Wars), LOTR Fellowship of Middle Earth, LOTR Fellowship Quest, Run Kitty Run, Build Your Own Maze (spent many hours in that lol)

It would be interesting to have a thread or repository of some kind dedicated to the preservation of classics from back in the day. I recently found myself digging deep through EpicWar and WC3C and coming across some gems I remember playing through. You know, they still hold up because they have that charm. It's a shame some of them can't be accessed due to newer WC3 versions or protection.
Checking out old threads for projects that everyone would be hyped for, seeing those long ago last activity dates. Really takes you back..

Level 9
The original creator of Castle Fight, lost access to the unprotected map. Since then, he has outsourced the map, leaving it to others to continue. I played some who are good, even with new races, but with little innovation.

Thanks to commends for the ideas. Some of these could would be until games, some to the max at mods.

I remembered a map made by a Brazilian student medicine, who made the Copacabana TD map. The map indirectly was discriminatory (I am against unfair discrimination), because it only left the hill were bandits and drug user. But the map was fun. It was a TD with a few different variants, as choosing the tower builder, which one had an immolation tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.