• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Restless Skeleton

"Wave on wave they came, the clattering of bones filling the air, not quite masking the maniacal laughter and chattering coming from Blackhollow crypt."

Credit to Hayate for the splendid idea and execution of the new spell animation!

Changes
-Updated Chest Wrap
-Fixed Chest Twitch? (couldn't see the difference)
-New Spell Animation
-Lessened Chest Movement in General
-Fixed Skull Projectile appearing in wrong animations
-Fixed Decay Flesh animation (Thanks for pointing that out!)
-Added Decay Bone Animation

Keywords:
Skeleton, Restless, Undead, Bones, Animated, Zombie, Necromancy, Voodoo, Swarm, Arcanum
Contents

Restless Skeleton (Model)

Reviews
12:35, 18th Oct 2015 Misha: make him decay into the ground, the proper way Changes made, resource approved :)

M

12:35, 18th Oct 2015
Misha: make him decay into the ground, the proper way

Changes made, resource approved :)

Level 21
Aren't all risen skeletons restless good sir?

Anyway,a pretty useful model.Not badly made either.I just love the walk animation xD

Last edited:
It isn't so much of a twitch as it's a jerking motion. Take a look at the stand animation for my Arcanist, or my Tauren Chieftain. Another good example would be my Mountain King.

Look at how much more natural the stand animations are. That jerking issue makes a model look robotic and strange. It tends to draw attention to a model and its flaws.

This isn't a gripe against this model in particular, it's just some advice.

Level 65
Hmm, I attempted to give it a leering somewhat odd stance, rather like the skeleton is attempting to make out or assess the mettle of the unit it is looking at. It appears to have fallen flat a bit however, were I to give it the zombie's default stand, it would look a bit too static or like a mere geoswap, which I have been guilty of many a time during the development of WotK.

I would suggest slowing down the stand animation, then. Most of the other animators around here, save for Tauer have the same issue with their animations being so stilted. Just look at how your skeletons' torso goes back and forth with no blending whatsoever, while the examples I gave are much smoother.

That's what I've been getting at.

Just a suggestion, Makes A Sleep Animation (Sitting) So it will be like in some movies or something where skeleton suddenly "Awake" :p

And Could Add a Sitting Version (Or Different type of stand If Doodad Can Have Variation) As Complimentary Model For Doodad Use :p Hehe

I like the Idea of a "Naked Skeleton", Useful to Raised from Dead Villager, Or Tier One Skeleton. (Or... Even More Useful, Class Picker for Skeleton Maps, Upgrade to other Skeleton from the Naked Skele)

It's Useful, I give 3/5 (I would Like to Give 3.5 but thats not possible)

Level 65
Believe it or not, this skeleton model was intended to be used for a torchlight map, I would've made it more torchlight-esque but then it'd look out of place when compared to the other models, so I had to WCIII it.

Believe me, I really wanted to use the skeleton death, what with bones flying everywhere and a clattering mass on the ground, but I have the worst time with making walk or death animations, as both involve gravity which I am unaccustomed to working with.

Believe it or not, this skeleton model was intended to be used for a torchlight map, I would've made it more torchlight-esque but then it'd look out of place when compared to the other models, so I had to WCIII it.

Believe me, I really wanted to use the skeleton death, what with bones flying everywhere and a clattering mass on the ground, but I have the worst time with making walk or death animations, as both involve gravity which I am unaccustomed to working with.

You can use matrix eater to transfer animation
(And mesh if needed)

Level 5
Awesome, inspired me to make a RPG dungeon thing where you have like skeletons rising outta graves. 4/5

EDIT: actually 5/5

Level 8
Oh man, that is so creepy and sexy at the same time! I can't describe it :D Love it nonetheless :D