• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries

What should I do with the areas? READ THE POST BEFORE VOTING!!!!!!

• Do the castle!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do the base!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I'll admit, I have not started on this map. This is due to not knowing which location to pick.

So, I'm leaving the choice to you. Which location should this map take place?

Pueblo (The village in the beginning of RE4)
Castle (The outside and maybe inside of Ramon Salazar's castle)
Base (The base of operations for most of the Ganados)
Water World (SUPER SALVADORS!!! :p)

Or maybe all of them, but be warned, more areas means less detail to the areas then they would be if it was one area.

The main goal is basically the same in RE4, get as many points as you can before your evac chopper arrives. This can be done in two ways.

Team mode: All the players work together to ultimately get a 5 S.T.A.R.S. ranking.
FFA: All players work for themselves to get the highest score.

There is no killing each other.

---The ratings for team mode.---

1 S.T.A.R.S. 0 -50,000
2 S.T.A.R.S.: 50,001 - 100,000
3 S.T.A.R.S.: 100,001 - 150,000
4 S.T.A.R.S.: 150,001 - 200,000
5 S.T.A.R.S.: 500,000 +

---The ratings for FFA---
1 S.T.A.R.S. 0 -10,000
2 S.T.A.R.S.: 10,001- 20,000
3 S.T.A.R.S.: 20,001 - 30,000
4 S.T.A.R.S.: 30,001 - 60,000
5 S.T.A.R.S.: 60,000 +

MERCENARIES

Although I also have the playable characters thought out.

Chris Redfield
Jill Valentine
Claire Redfield
Leon Scott Kennedy
Ada Wong
Jack Krauser
HUNK
Albert Wesker
Rebecca Chambers
Billy Coen
Barry Burton
Luis Sera
Donkey Kong

FEATURES

I intend to put in an ammunition and reloading system ala Rural Zombie Onslaught. (In fact, some help from Zyphre or HuskyNinja would be fantastic.)

Well, once I have a choice for which area to do, I'll get started. And in case you were wondering, no. Donkey Kong will not be a playable mercenary, although I am going to put ONE third party character in. I already decided to it'll be. (Hint: He's part of the anti-proliferation organization "Philanthropy") Please don't blurt out who it is, let them figure it out for yourself. If you know who it is. Just say you know who it is in your post while saying your opinion on this hopeful map.

Accuracy is a must to me. In other words, each weapon will be just like their RE counterparts. A Broken Butterfly shot will do 50 points of damage and a Semi Auto rifle will fire at 0.40 speed.

Also, there will be no hero levels. What your health says is what you get.

But there is a few things I'll need.

Either a JASSer or JASS lessons. Thankfully the terrain is not too difficult, so I can do it this time.

Models and Icons. I need models because the Terran Marine body won't fit say, Jill Valentine. (Also it may seem a bit odd of Chris is firing a pistol like a rifle.) But I'll get to those in later stages of the map. (But if you do happen to start making the models when you see this, please don't include sounds. I intend to try and get their sounds to play when they do something. Like Leon's death groan when Leon dies. It'd be odd if he had something like a peasant's death sound playing too.)

Sounds, once again, at a later stage though.

And as for the options, I'm sorry, but I have no clue how in the world to post polls on this thread. If by some means I can get a poll running, then disregard this. But until then, you have to put your vote in a post.

Last edited:
Level 3
do water world thay dont use it much in re 4 =D lol the huge guy with the duel bladed saw hes almost as ownage as me lol

Edit: srry i have to agree with him i mean how are farm hand ranchers gna build a castle the base is a nother horable fit since when did zombieish guys get guns...

Edit Edit: how do you get the poll things on top of your page

Edit Edit Edit: nm i fount out how to.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Pueblo, definitely.

Oh and, if you pull this off, I love you.

But please do not seriously put Donkey Kong in this.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Every model will need a death animation where their head is lopped off by a chainsaw.

I feel like making a chainsaw Ganado... would be and easy edit of a villager actually... just custom animations and a burlap sack... hm..

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Did someone say Ganado? No? Too bad.

ganadoef0.jpg

Chainsaw soon.

Level 13
:p Don't worry, DK was just a joke, there is however, a third party character being thrown into the mix. (ONE! ONE THIRD PARTY CHARACTER!)

Also, should I try (Keyword: TRY) to implicate a save/load where you can save your score, and if you get 5 S.T.A.R.S. with every character, you get a fully upgraded Handcannon upon loading? What do you guys think?

Level 12
If you made this, I would love you...

But seriously, are you intending to make this exactly like the Mercenaries was? Will my uber hunk be able to 1337 their panzy little necks? If youc an get it done good, this will be amazing.

Oh yeah, my vote went to water world too

Level 2
I vote merging all areas into one super area. You could have a survival mode, where all survivors of one area are transported to the next. You could also revive the dyers, so they have a chance. One area would just be boring. Also, I know you cant do stuff perfectly, but I would prefer you adding the reload times, and ammo capacity as well. Also abilities + Uniqueness is great too. Characters should all differ in special abilities. Also, in addition to the boss monsters (garradors, bella sisters, J.J, and SuperSalvador), it would be interesting for enemies like Lord Saddler to appear- say when a map is complete, a boss spawns. Village- Mandez, Castle- Salazar's 'Right hand' (You can kill this without the liquid nitrogen, the things death is really cool- blood all over the place outta every joint- all over the walls/roof/floor- it just takes less damage without the nitrogen, so dont try it unless you have the chicago typewriter or an A**load of ammo- you can wear it down though the liquid nitrogen though then finish it) Base- Saddler, Waterworld- The Merchant (seriously what else is he going to do in mercenaries? I swear hes the MOST POWERFUL GANADO OUT THERE!- I mean, sure, 1 hit kills him, but hes got instant teleportation as he got to the freaking island before you, not to mention bridges that collapsed behind you among other things. Also he's got enough weapons to start a small war.)

Although for an aiming feature- you should not b e able to taraget an enemy by clicking, you should also be able to attack a 'location' (e.g. it would work like aiming something like shockwave- target the ground and it sends the projectiles on the way)- it would be alot more interesting this way, especially if enemies used stuff like crossbows and explosives. The TMP would be a constant stream of bullets in that direction untilyou stop shooting or select another area. If you select one unit- it should take some 'target time' as you would have to aim. I also hope you are able to pull off a shotgun blast being able to mow down multiple enemies and knock them down, the rifle piercing all enemies that the bullet hits (as well as the magnums), pistols only hitting the first enemy (With the exception of the punisher being able to pierce 5) . Are you going to make all weapons available to all characters VIA the merchant- with only the characters differing in starting weapons and moves? How are you going to incorperate the action commands? I also think you should add a 'dodge' command that gives you temporary invulnerability (Just enough to evande an enemies attack)- or stuff like being able to 'dash' (Like krauser does when He fights against you)- I also think characters should have melee attacks- because in mercenaries I can actually hold my own with the knife (I'm too good at that game- I can kill even garadors with knives- the only problem is that I get impatient and just blast them), and it would be great to reward players who can 'show off' like that. (Quick question- are you going to add a camra that stays over behind the character, and faces the directionj they face? I have seen camras like that before- Or are you going to make the camra always hover over your hero? The latter is preffered- It would make it 'scarier' (If its possible)- as you can only see whats on your screen at all times- you gotta be more careful), also I look forward to this if you can pull it off correctly, and that its just not another one of those clones like the dawn of the dead maps. You would be my hero.

Level 3
Lol i vote water world its under used in re 4 thus making the perfect place
Make a murchent like in re 4 just make him eather sell items or Attack you he sould be hard to kill like a galdator or w.e u call them

P.s Also check out my map besure to vote on poll "dead lands"

Level 13
I vote merging all areas into one super area. You could have a survival mode, where all survivors of one area are transported to the next. You could also revive the dyers, so they have a chance.

More areas means less detail to the areas than if they were single. But the transportation idea could easily work. But as for reviving. I intend to draw a little something from Umbrella Chronicles, and have First-Aid Sprays work as Ankhs while Green Herbs restore health some.

One area would just be boring. Also, I know you cant do stuff perfectly, but I would prefer you adding the reload times, and ammo capacity as well. Also abilities + Uniqueness is great too. Characters should all differ in special abilities.

Reload time can surely be done with JASS, I'm absolutely positive of this. Ammo Capacity can be done for sure. An example is in Rural Zombie Onslaught. And abilities? There will be abilities of sorts. But not like "Mirror Image" "Wind Walk" "Holy Light". Like HUNK will have his neck breaker, Wesker will have the Thrust Punch, Billy will (Hopefully) be able to do his dropkick. And as for special abilities, they will have some.

Luis: Because he was a researcher for the Los Illuminados, ganados will hesitate to attack him.
Wesker: Because he injected himself with a virus (It doesn't say) he has super human abilities, so he's the only one who can heal over time.
Rebecca: Can create Green Herbs.
Third Party Character: Can disguise himself as a ganado but can't attack or carry items while in disguise.

Also, in addition to the boss monsters (garradors, bella sisters, J.J, and SuperSalvador), it would be interesting for enemies like Lord Saddler to appear- say when a map is complete, a boss spawns. Village- Mandez, Castle- Salazar's 'Right hand' (You can kill this without the liquid nitrogen, the things death is really cool- blood all over the place outta every joint- all over the walls/roof/floor- it just takes less damage without the nitrogen, so dont try it unless you have the chicago typewriter or an A**load of ammo- you can wear it down though the liquid nitrogen though then finish it) Base- Saddler, Waterworld- The Merchant (seriously what else is he going to do in mercenaries? I swear hes the MOST POWERFUL GANADO OUT THERE!- I mean, sure, 1 hit kills him, but hes got instant teleportation as he got to the freaking island before you, not to mention bridges that collapsed behind you among other things. Also he's got enough weapons to start a small war.)

I may do a boss-boss, but I don't think the Merchant will try to kill you, because if you die, no more business. :p

Although for an aiming feature- you should not b e able to taraget an enemy by clicking, you should also be able to attack a 'location' (e.g. it would work like aiming something like shockwave- target the ground and it sends the projectiles on the way)- it would be alot more interesting this way, especially if enemies used stuff like crossbows and explosives. The TMP would be a constant stream of bullets in that direction untilyou stop shooting or select another area. If you select one unit- it should take some 'target time' as you would have to aim. I also hope you are able to pull off a shotgun blast being able to mow down multiple enemies and knock them down, the rifle piercing all enemies that the bullet hits (as well as the magnums), pistols only hitting the first enemy (With the exception of the punisher being able to pierce 5) .

This should be possible, I've seen an aiming feature like that in a Killzone map I have, shotgun blast should be doable with an AoE. but the piercing should be possible.

Are you going to make all weapons available to all characters VIA the merchant- with only the characters differing in starting weapons and moves? How are you going to incorperate the action commands? I also think you should add a 'dodge' command that gives you temporary invulnerability (Just enough to evande an enemies attack)- or stuff like being able to 'dash' (Like krauser does when He fights against you)-

I've been wondering on this. Should I let them be able to pick up weapons? Or just leave them with what they have? And the dodge command would probably only be used for melees, as the ranged enemies won't have homing enabled. And as for a dash? Not everyone is incredibly fast. So probably not.

I also think characters should have melee attacks- because in mercenaries I can actually hold my own with the knife (I'm too good at that game- I can kill even garadors with knives- the only problem is that I get impatient and just blast them), and it would be great to reward players who can 'show off' like that. (Quick question- are you going to add a camra that stays over behind the character, and faces the directionj they face? I have seen camras like that before- Or are you going to make the camra always hover over your hero? The latter is preffered- It would make it 'scarier' (If its possible)- as you can only see whats on your screen at all times- you gotta be more careful), also I look forward to this if you can pull it off correctly, and that its just not another one of those clones like the dawn of the dead maps. You would be my hero.

Everyone will have melee attacks. Leon will have his knife, and kick, and maybe suplex (Maybe suplex if we get the animations of him kicking and suplexing a ganado. This is why I'll ask for models later. We don't know which stage we'll be going for.) Wesker will have the Thrust Punch and hopefully Chikyo Chagi. (Animation wise, no ganados needed.) And you get my point.

As for the camera, I intend more of a stays over the character's shoulder and faces their direction because I want some doors to be breakable. And if it's a normal camera, then everyone will know what's behind that door. (What do you prefer? Being able to know what's exactly behind that door? Or taking a chance and opening the door with the suspension of just what will you see behind that door? Nothing? Ammo? A super salvador?)

But yeah, thanks for your suggestions.

Level 4
I'd say do either the village or Water World..

The only things I'd miss from the castle would be Mr. Ghoat Skull and GARRODAR!!!

Yes..the caps were needed..

Odd idea...you could put in Mendez as a boss if you want one.

Level 3
I say merge... but I like Ganados. That'll pwn.
Please make save/load!!! Look over UAII/NotDA for knife/safety/rifle modes for stuffs...

Level 13
So, as for sounds. If it turns out I'm doing the village, should I try to get the sound when the Ganados yell something at you? (It sounds like "Let's eat this bitch with peanut sauce!")

There will more than likely be a save/load code. But ONLY for scores, there won't be levels remember? And I do intend to have a reward for those who get 5 S.T.A.R.S. with every character.

Handcannon anyone?

Level 3
Please dont put j.j's in it i mean WTH i like games thats scary... zombies with guns isnt scary. its not even funny.

BASE SUCKS! =P

what about more weapons?
like chago type righter
or make up 1 or 2?
possably even the great knife LMAO =P

Level 12
Maybe instead of the hand cannon, each character can get an upgraded version of their main weapon instead? Some examples...

Leon-Uber shotgun
Albert-High-Cal Sniper
HUNK-Gatling Gun
Krauser-Giant Crossbow

The HUNK one is the only one I am sure about, seeing as people can argue back and forth about what all of the other mercenaries main weapon is, but
HUNK only has one weapon... you get my point right?

Level 13
Ok, I think I'm going to go ahead and start on the village.

And one more thing, if the map seems to small, I'll probably include the second farm (The part where you go up the road of the beginning part of the village and come to all those barns? You know, the area where 7 of the 15 blue medallions were) but I'd like to make a small request.

Could anyone get me some reference pics of those two areas and inside the houses? I'd be completely going on memory because I don't have a camera. And some reference pictures would do wonders for me.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm breaking the double posting rule or not. I'm not sure if it's rendered void when posting an update. Ah well, if it is, then go ahead and merge the two posts.

And on an off topic note: 500th post! yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.