• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resident Evil ISG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey everybody! As requested by Rui, I'll be using this site discussion to address my complaints.

So the other week, Septimus deleted my map because the bandwidth was too big and would not host on BNet (his friend hosted it). No notification was sent to me, PMs, or emails. One day I just went on Hiveworkshop.com and had to find out the hard way. It wasn't listed under the Maps section. I go and contact Septimus and we have a chat. We sorted out that my Map size did indeed have over 4000kb but said 3.9mb for some odd reason. When his friend hosted the map, it did not host for some odd reason. However, I and Septimus both tried hosting the map and it worked just fine. Septimus said he would upload my map, but I am still waiting for him (I think this is the third week?)

Anyways, that's my story and it'd help to hear some feed back :).

My current solution to this situation is that I'll delete my current ISG version (the one with music) <--- I actually just did this 5 seconds ago from typing this sentence.
That way, I will not have any more conflicts with bandwidth and those rare occasions that they will not host for whatever odd reason (works for me atleast) and the map size will be under hiveworkshop's regulations.
Then, it would help a lot if a moderator could upload my map back =(. And once that is done, I'll change the current version to the compact 1.01 mb sized map. (without music)

If you do not know this map, I posted one version without music, and one with music. But then my music version got deleted for an unknown reason (again I was never notified. Shouldn't people be notified when things are deleted?) And so the day I decided to test how many people would like the Music version (I replaced the nonmusic version with music) Septimus came and deleted the map a couple days later. I then had the chat with him, and posted a temporary version of ISG (with the music because Septimus told me not to double post because technically the one that is marked Rejected is supposed to be the nonmusic version but it has the music in it right now). If you are still confused about reading this because I'm getting lost a bit myself, the map that is currently rejected is the map that SHOULD NOT originally have the music inside. And I want to keep it that way, but it's still under rejection =(. So now, I'm just waiting for some feed back and some approval. And of course, the uploading of my map =).

My Goal: To have my map uploaded again and reverted back to the nonmusic version so it will now be 1.01 MB
Also, I will never host a map with music ever again on hiveworkshop.com (Septimus told me they are now being more strict against bandwidth)

Comment this thread please!!!

P.S. Am I not supposed to be using names when I post threads? >.< Because in school, they don't want reference to any classmates because it's rude =\. But I don't know. This isn't school and I don't know why I thought of this. Ignore this random ranting xD.

Level 14
So why couldn't Rui handle this in private and why was this in need of being posted here? It seems like Rui has every power necessary to address your concerns, but for whatever reason did not do so.

Anyways, I guess post the map and PM Rui to review it. Right now he's the only map moderator since he removed all of the other ones for a reason I still am not aware of.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
I, personally, tested a few RE:ISG's, although there were WTFSOMANY versions, I'll vouch for everyone working on Bnet, I hosted/played them myself, with friends.

EDIT: Maps should *never* be deleted straight off. They should be rejected, and then if nothing comes up after a month or two, then deleted.

Level 31
Hey everybody! As requested by Rui, I'll be using this site discussion to address my complaints.

So the other week, Septimus deleted my map because the bandwidth was too big and would not host on BNet (his friend hosted it). No notification was sent to me, PMs, or emails. One day I just went on Hiveworkshop.com and had to find out the hard way. It wasn't listed under the Maps section. I go and contact Septimus and we have a chat. We sorted out that my Map size did indeed have over 4000kb but said 3.9mb for some odd reason. When his friend hosted the map, it did not host for some odd reason. However, I and Septimus both tried hosting the map and it worked just fine. Septimus said he would upload my map, but I am still waiting for him (I think this is the third week?)

Please refrain yourself from using the wrong statement. It was REJECTED AND NOT DELETED.

In addition, it was your own fault not to ensure the resources bandwidth to be at the lowest size as possible.

Apart from that, it seems like you did not paid attention to the current hive event. There is no map moderator available at this moment and that's including me due to reformation.

How the hell do you expect me to restore your map from rejected to pending if me myself do not have the permission to do so.

Apart from that, this should be address to resources moderation section since it was related to your map.

Level 6
O.O Rui told me to post my concerns here... =\ *sigh* sometimes i just think the moderators hate me and like picking on me D=.

OKAY i meant rejected im sorry xD. i didn't know it caused a big difference and i was not aware that i said deleted. i should have said rejected =\ damn im sorry.

And yeah i know it was my fault for making the map too big... you dont have to yell at me again D= you already did so before

AND yes i did not know that there was a hive event... i usually don't look at the front page and just go straight to the maps, check the new maps, then download. im sorry. I don't expect you to restore my map anymore =(. The only thing I heard from you that there were some complications going on and i wasn't aware of the event.

Sorry Septimus =(.

Thank you Ash for that info. I wasn't aware of how Hiveworkshop's rejections worked. And thanks for hosting my map <3

Thank you Rising Dusk for the comments =). I was starting to think there was no one out there to look at my things =(.

Also, I didn't know I shouldn't post my concerns here. =\ im sorry. and if u wanna delete this thread... u can D= i guess. but i just cant believe how much trouble this is causing and just because of a coincidence. I shoulda just tested another week =\... o well life is so random xD. And... I never knew how formal hiveworkshop is. i mean like damn, people can't even comment about off topic things on map webpages?!? then i have to go to a specific section of the website to talk about certain things, but then supposively this isn't the right place to post my concerns. >=( rawr. okay well im going to go off.

P.S. Don't be mad Septimus D= im sorry! =(=(=(

Level 6
... OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! sorry yeah i didn't know the actual term.. to restore my map >.< im sorry but that's what i wanted soo badly THANK YOU!!! Wow that makes me feel so much better =D.

Thank you very much Rui!!! Next time if I ever have an issue with my map, I'll post on the other section (I found it yesterday!! lol im so proud of myself XD) Anyways, thank you guys! And I hope the event goes well!

Level 34
MrBimbo, don't worry about posting here, we'll put all the blame on Rui! ;)

But next time, this should go in Resource Moderation.

Status
Not open for further replies.