• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Something worng with uploading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I've made a map that i want to upload to the map section, but for some reason when i fill in all the infomation, and press upload, my internet says that its working on it, but 10 minutes later its still on the same page still "working" on uploading the map. my map is 5.99 MB and i have no idea whats up with the uploading.

Also when ever i try to use my map in LAN it says my map file is too big, 5.99 MB is its size, but...i can host a map that has a larger MB file size, just not mine. someone please help me with these problems, i dont know what to do, i've tried making the MB size smaller but that would mean i have delete about half of it and i just won't do that. i have no idea what to do.

Level 32
Try uploading your map to the site using a different web browser. Firefox is usually best. Try it with Netscape Navigator if FF fails.

5 MB may be the limit for network Warcraft III games.

[off-topic] ~ Thread moved from Map Development to WEHZ.

Level 6
that didn't work, i used firefox and internet explorer and mozila, anything else i can try, and 5 MB isn't very big for uploading considering the max is 100 MB, and about LAN, i have hosted bigger games before over 6 MB and it still works fine, but when i try mine it says too big. i just don't get it to be Honest, i realy need help because i realy wanna upload to the maps ssection and play it on LAN.

Level 6
dial-up?!? that stuff is ancient crap today, i use a modem, with a router, will that affect the upload? a router? as for that map optimizer thing, that only increased the size of my map. im not sure if im using it right either, do i click under MPQ optimization and check new buffer size?

Status
Not open for further replies.