• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requiem of Twilight ORPG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello all! I am new to these forums, but have been a fan of Hive for awhile. Anways, I am also new to Battlenet, but after playing Ragos ORPG, Defiance, Forlorn, and etc. I wanted to make my own ORPG. I'll write out the storyline below for ya'll. Hope you enjoy it!

War as raged across the forsaken world of Acorion. For the past milienia, the elements, fire, water, earth, and wind have protected the world until the recent discovery of a new element, the power of Arcana. As more discovery was made, it turned out that Arcana had three stages of power, simple, lesser, and pure. Simple was used by most magicians that were talented in the art of magics. Lesser was used by most Magisters and Archmages, while pure was only used by a handful of legendary wizards. One, named Alixion went farther into the works of the elements, and grasped the two elements that made the world, light and darkness. After grasping these two elements, he took a sphere of Pure Arcana, and mixed it with the two new elements he discovered. After forging them together, the Twilight was made. No one knew of the Elemental lords for light and darkness, only Alixion knew the two majestic beings, and himself was the Elemental lord of Twilight. Many people were upset and jealous for Alixion's discovery, and seeked it out, but in the end most had failed in their mission and died with their jealousy. The Elemental lords were now angered and sought out champions of their kind to defeat the Arcana, and Twilight. The Light and Darkness Elemental lords defended these two in small actions, but were never raged war upon. Alixion then continued mastering this new element, and now roams with a small group of gifted wizards known as the Xalius. As this organization seeked power in secret, the Elemental lords have waged full war, and has torn the world apart.

That's so far the storyline, now for the races.

Allied Guardians:
All noble races, people, and kind are in this Alliance. Ranging from Human to Troll, these people have sworn to protect the noble. Though their lords, and masters are lost in the real battle going on, anyone who threatens their race, will perish.

Xalius:
Followers of Alixion himself. They work in secret, but noted as criminals for using the Twilight. Many people believe the Twilight is an act of dark by using the darkness element itself. So, they remain hated. Though, they have embraced their exile and now will defend their selves for anyone who comes.

Forest Orc:
The neighboring orcs have gone to war with the villages in Greenwhistle Forest. (Where your character will start). Although they are weak, the Allied Guardians are unable to send alot of troops due to the war. You must destroy this threat.

Dwarves: Dwarves are descendants of the Earth Mother, due to most of their activity being within the Earth itself. Most of them are within the Allied Guardians ranks, only a few are resentful and despise the Allied Guardians. Dwarves elemental type is Earth.

Trolls: There are different kinds of trolls within the land, most are descendants of the Water Lord Hydrolous. Most believe the reason why they follow these elements are unknown except for the solution of: all trolls lived by water, therefore worship them. Trolls elemental type is Water.

Night Elves: Night Elves follow the Nature lord, Vineris. Their druids are skilled and speacilized toward this element, and often are a formidable foe. Due to the corruption of the forest and nature itself since the war began, most druids have been scattered, and have turned hostile towards the Allied Guardians due to the confusion.

Blood Elves: The Blood Elves follow the Fire lord Flametus. Fire is a very powerful element, instead of providing healing, and different swift spells, it is unstable and is very straight foward. The Blood Elves are supporting the Allied Guardians by little, while some are hostile and plan to burn the Fire lord's reign of power into the land itself.

(More Races/Organizations to come)

Heroes:
Not a clear idea yet on these, probably a mixture of the races in WoW/WC3.

Dungeons:
Some big dungeons in planning, may have single room dungeons with timed spawns and a boss at the end.

Thanks for reading! I'll update as I can!

Last edited:
Level 12
Hm... the gameplay is the most important part to me... though I can respect certain story concepts
example: Starcrafts-Instincts vs Machine vs Relgion

Id really like to get to hero design.. I suppose I'll look at these races real quickly...

fire, water, earth, wind, Light, dark and Arcana

hm......
-I'm not a fan of spells that aren't true to the element (Darkness =/= poison/chemicals)

So... if Darkeness was planned... I would hope its more about blinding things so they couldn't see or making them unable to hear when another person is getting killed allowing you to stealthly go through a creep camp and not wake up anything...

Just throwing this out there...

Level 4
Thanks! I will keep this in mind.

Darkness will involve corrupting/plague in a way, but not like posion/darkness.

Take for example, Corruption from WoW, it deals shadow damage over time.

For the races, I might put certain races as that element's followers. Such as Blood Elves will be followers of Arcana and etc. If I do an elemental, and you play as an elemental, it would be too much like Elemental ORPG, and wouldn't fit really the storyline and parts of the map I've already made.

I will be careful on how each element works, and make them unique in their own way, but balanced. Thanks for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.