• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requests: Unusual and ongoing spell requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Greetings everyone, I am Murloc, a friendly amphibian. Anyhow I am currently making a new type of hero arena (or so I presume) which will be less about stats, passives and two click killing, but instead involve non-homing spells, quick decisions and teamwork. (Besides running around the map stun locking) In this thread, I will be requesting various spells that I need for the map I am making, if you wish to do any of them feel free to do so, I will gradually continue to add to this list (assuming people make the spells) as I finalize my hero ideas. If you are confused or feel that my descriptions are too vague then PM me and I will try to clarify the issue, and remember non of the spells are homing unless it specifically states that it is.
Cheers, Murloc

Current Spell Requests

Cheap Shot: The Blademaster lands a cheap blow that stuns his target momentarily. (when used it will stun any unit that he is facing withing melee range., not like war stomp because it effects only the unit infront of him)

Shadow Strike: Like the normal shadow strike except that it fires in whatever direction the caster is facing.

Dark Raven: The warden changes her shape into a large black raven (a black tinted phoenix) and swoops forward (to the targeted area), the warden then grabs any unit that is at the selected area and teleports them back with her to her initial casting position (she has changed back by now). The unit is then stunned and takes minimal amount damage. If she does not hit anything after using this spell then she remains at her targeted position (as if she blinked there). (The radial targeter for this spell is small)

Iron Maiden: The warden creates a circle of daggers around herself that strike uinits that attack her. This spell is not timed, however it expires once all the daggers have been used. (The way I would like this spell to work is more complicated then it seems, first of all it when you cast this spell it creates X daggers, each time she is attacked one dagger flys directly where the attacker is standing and two more follow on either side of the first dagger. These daggers can be dodged by moving out of the way.)

Mirror Strike: The Blade master splits himself into multiple images, (2,3,4, the images also start of slightly spaced horizontally apart from each other) The images the quickly charge the targeted area slashing anything in there path. (this part of the spell is a little hard to describe, image that after the blade master splits into images that the images are slightly spaced horizontally apart. they then take upon the graphical characteristics of wind walk except that they are visible. there collision size is reduced to 0. after this they charge the targeted area and slash the first thing they come into dealing moderate damage. Because of the way they were staggered they will not all take the same route when charging to the area. After the spell is finished the images are dispelled.) (The radial targeter for this spell is small)

Clairvoyancey Aura: Grants the Blade master and neardby allies a chance to dodge incoming attacks. (A simple ability, for added effect when a unit dodges an attack via this spell they will run the mirror image splitting animation.)

Level 7
How come you didn't read the rules?

Spell requests goes in the spells forum.

Oh, and if one of the most important parts of your map is spells, don't you think you should do it yourself?
Just my opinion after have worked months on my HA, where I did all the spells myself, and that took lots of time. If I've had other people doing that for me, I would have been able to finish the map in 20% of the time.

Level 4
Ya I realised today that I posted it in the wrong section, hopfully a mod will move it soon.

As for making the spells myself, I have tried for about a month to finish one but it never worked, so making them myself is not an option and I do not currently have the time to work on the map and learn how to trigger.

Level 4
Thanks for moving the post, I won't do it again. :lol:

Anyhow I added a new spell to the request list for anyone who is interested.

Level 9
Just a quick question, how do you expect to make a hero arena if you cant trigger? Well besides that, how many levels do you want with each spell? You didint specify. Also, most of your spells are extremely time consuming, thats a few hours of work for someone else, like an unpaid job :p.

If you're to busy to learn how to trigger, you really shouldent get other people to do your work. Its very easy to trigger, just look at blizzards scenarios. And if you're to busy, you're probably to busy to make a hero arena :p.

Level 4
I suppose, but I can always dream can't I? I am in no rush to finish this arena. JUst so I do not sound like a completly laszy asshole I am working on the spells that I can do, only the more complicated ones that I know that I do not have a chance in hell of finishing I am posting here. As for spell levels, I need three levels for each.

Status
Not open for further replies.