• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requests - +REP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
nah, i'd rather learn how to model myself =))
i believe that can be done with geomerge and anims transfer - that's basics of modelling as far as i know

Level 13
@ Squidle: i only need troglodyte, and i have screenie of him in the request. a screeny of Heroes 3 troglodyte would be nice though, cant seem to find an infernal troglodyte...
@ Vercas: yup :cute:

So, should I maek you a Upgraded Troglodyte picture :grin:?

Level 10
Bear.

Diseasedbear.png

Diseasedbear.png

The download link:
http://hordestudio.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?p=220#220

Level 15
looks wonderful!
for some reason can only see screenies @ that link, no file...
EDIT: nvm, figured out that i had to register =))

Level 15
in top left corner, where links are, there is pastebin button.
in pastebin you simply add the icon pack as an attachment and click submit. then send me the link to pastebinned resource.

or you can simply attack the pack to the post (Go Advanced -> Manage Attachments)

Level 16
Hi Trillium!

I did a simple scratch model of a kraken, but with that many different pictures of a kraken on google its really hard to settle on one design model. So I thought I better put it up here and see if my idea of krakens fits your tastes ;)
(Perhalps you could be more specific in what you want your kraken to look like)

First pic is a regular kraken, second and third pic is front and back of a kraken with flippers and tail.

Attachments

• KrakenPrototype.jpg
    KrakenPrototype.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 156
Level 4
I'm not much of a modeller (go go go, Vertex Modify!), but I wanted to attempt the Piece of Flesh. This is the final result, but the SS is kinda meh. Really meh, honestly lol.

BloodyMess.png

Anyways, if that's what you want, I've attached it. I can make changes if you'd like, also.

I actually think the main chunk needs to be shrunk a little. Agree/Disagree?

Attachments

• BloodyMess.MDX
    7.9 KB · Views: 69
Level 16
@Vercas: Thanks man! I was initially afraid the tentacles don't suit the model. Your comments allayed that concern by quite a bit :D

@Trillium: You approve? Cool then! I'll start the work immediately, and I think in 3-4 days time I'm ready to present you with the finished model (If I don't slack off) xD

Level 15
i'm not in a hurry... and it's unwise to waste too much luck in short periods of time - luck needs time to regenerate =DDD

Level 15
all this is nothing... finding an insane jasser or two to trigger all the ideas i have for my map - now that will be a challenge...

Level 15
well, first i need flesh out all those ideas and polish them =))
and i fear i'll need some sytems or something...

Level 16
Yeah, I know hydra skin looks kinda odd, but crabskin wouldn't be much better either IMO. Its too monotonous, and it lacks in both nice patterns and bright colours.

Anyway I'm going to try to make another sea creature model. Something like the piranhas, or maybe an undead angler fish..

Level 15
Well its done.

Not quite what I expected, but its good practice =)
It uses in-game textures to reduce its size.

OH MY GOD, that kraken is epic. those anims are amazing, esp the attack and death anims, and the uv is good too. are you gonna put it in the resources? all i'd say is to reduce the bubble particle count in the attack anims from 28 to about 10-12, and make the spell anim a little more epic (just my opinion mind you) and i'm sure it'll be popular.

Level 16
Thanks guys, flattering words indeed. I just try my best xD

@tee.dubs: I don't think I want to put it on resources. I'm just feeling lazy to make a potrait and team colour, plus I agree with you that the spell animation needs to be better. The excuse behind the poor spell anim is because I don't want the kraken to do 'channel' each time it casts a spell, so I just simply made a 10 frame anim and hoped no one will notice it in the game. Lazy me lol.

And Trillium, any particular sea creature you want me to make? If none then don't blame me if I proceed according to my fancy xD

Level 16
Final design. Got too carried away with the designing and fell way short of the 'big and tough' requirement. I have half a mind to redo it. If you want me to remake it give the word.

@2nd Edit:

1. Made it more muscular/fatter
2. Hands larger overall.
3. I've decided to keep the talons instead of flippers, as I though it would suit tethyr better. But if you still need the flipper version then I'll just change it, no prob.

@3rd Edit:

The first skin. They're from black and bronze dragons. Unskinned parts are meant to be team coloured.

Attachments

• Tethyr2.jpg
    Tethyr2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Overweight tethyr.jpg
    Overweight tethyr.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 118
  • First_texture.jpg
    First_texture.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Level 15
very nice, have no complains =))
though maybe try making him a little more horisontal. he looks a bit too humanoid
tail - to your specification

Level 15
hey! sorry im taking incredibly long on this mantis, but its really hard to get the anims right. they move quite delicately and precisely, but yeah. just thought i'd make sure you havent given up on me, i'll hopefully have to you soon :thumbs_up: (hopefully its good enough XD)

its turning out to be really fun, thanks for your great ideas!

Level 16
I'm having a frustrating problem with the decay animation. The body dissapears instead of slowly sinking into the ground (happens with my kraken too). Otherwise, this is a test version for you to try it out Trillium. I intend to fix the problem asap, along with your recommendations after seeing this test version.

Ughh.. I need some sleep xD

@Edit: A temporary fix for the Tethyr's decay animation. Also changed its walk animation to something like a 'breast stroke' animation. Also I have updated the kraken to make it usable in the game. Fixed some of its particles, decay anim and added team colour. Now both models should work reasonably. If you still find problems with them in the future don't forget to ask me for help ;)

Attachments

• Tethyr_1.JPG
    Tethyr_1.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 124
  • TethyrAzure.mdx
    82 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.