• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requests: Handful of Simple Edits (death sound FX, decay animation, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi. I have a handful of simple edits to some models that I need. I have Retera's Model Studio, and so far I've figured out how to do simple things like removing hero glow, but I still can't figure out how to do some things like adding death sound FX and decay animation with GUTZ. So if anyone is willing to help me out with any or all of the following, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Note: Many of these models are from the Resources section. I have tried reaching out to the authors but have not received a response from many of them. I don't know what the exact policy is on editing user submissions without their approval, but I think some of these users may no longer be active. Also, despite being great looking models, many fail to meet the minimum standard of functionality in my opinion. Units ought to have a death scream and a proper decay and/or dissipation animation. Ideally, they should have team color as well.

Anyway, my requests:

• Add death sound effect to HeroFarSeerDecayGlowless (attached)
  • Dwarven Court Mage by DireFury (permission given for editing): please add decay animation with GUTZ and remove hero glow
  • FlyingSpearThrower by MassiveMaster (awaiting permission; user inactive?): please add death sound FX (Goblin Zeppelin shoud do nicely), add a fire/explosion particle upon death, make an icon for this unit
  • Ballista v1 by Kitabatake (awaiting permission; user inactive?): please add team color
  • Simple Orc Ram by Hayate (awaiting permission): please add death sound FX
  • Orc Boar Rider by Callahan (permission given for editing): please add decay animation with GUTZ

Thanks!

Attachments

• HeroFarSeerDecayGlowless.mdx
    149.7 KB · Views: 42
Level 7
I appreciate you trying to help, but either Magos Editor doesn't exist or I am unable to download it for some reason. If someone could provide a similar tutorial using Retera's Model Studio, that would be very helpful indeed. I did some messing around and I managed to successfully attach the catapult's death sound to Hayate's Simple Orc Ram. But alas, this seems to be a case of "a stopped clock being correct twice a day" kind of deal. I know what I did and how I did it, but I don't know why or how it worked (I just copied catapult's death node and pasted on the Simple Orc Ram). Similarly CnP'ing the Far Seer's death sound to the non-hero decay version failed to work, as did CnP'ing the Goblin Zeppelin's death sound to the Flying Spear Thrower.

Here's Magos: War3 Model Editor
Here's Mdlvis: Mdlvis 1.41

Download them, they work fine.

Step 1:
Open Magos, click Windows then Node manager.
1-png.369151

Step 2:
Right click and then click Create event object.
2-png.369152

Step 3:
In the white field you can right click and select a track time (this is the frame the event object should play at). Don't bother with this just yet, I will get back to it.
3-png.369153

Step 4:
Under event data you can choose type and data. This determines if you want a sound, footprint, splat or other event objects. After having specified the type, you go ahead and choose a specific event object data.
screenshot_9-png.369156

screenshot_10-png.369157

Step 5:
Open your model in Mdlvis, and then click Modules and then Sequence editor.
4-png.369154

Step 6:
On the right side you have a drop down with all the animations. Choose the death animation if you want to add a death sound. You can see the frame interval below the animation drop down. This is how many frames that animation is. The number on the left is the start frame, and the number on the right is the end frame. To play a death sound when the animation starts you want it to start at the first frame of the animation. Copy the number in the left box under Frame Interval.
(Don't worry about the other stuff I have marked, that is simply stuff to control/view frames. They are useful tools, but not necessary for what you need).
5-png.369155

Step 7:
Go back to magos and in your newly created event object you do the same as in Step 3. Right click the white field, click Create new, and paste the number you copied into the box that opens.

However, Mdlvis is not needed for adding event objects at all; you can see the animation intervals in Magos' Sequence Manager.
That is true, however for footprints and some other event objects it is immensely useful since you can "slide" the frame bar back and forth to find the exact frame you want the event object to appear at.

Level 7
Okay, so I figured out how to attach the death sounds (Thanks!); I just needed set the event track to the correct frame. However, I still have the problem of adding a proper decay animation to models that do not have it. So far I have been able to attach the gutz geoset and animate the decay, but the corpse is ALWAYS visible. I cannot figure out how to make the corpse only visible during DECAY FLESH and DECAY BONES animations. Can someone either add those to the Dwarven Court Mage and Orc Boar Rider or show me how to do it properly? Thanks!

Level 50
Okay, so I figured out how to attach the death sounds (Thanks!); I just needed set the event track to the correct frame. However, I still have the problem of adding a proper decay animation to models that do not have it. So far I have been able to attach the gutz geoset and animate the decay, but the corpse is ALWAYS visible. I cannot figure out how to make the corpse only visible during DECAY FLESH and DECAY BONES animations. Can someone either add those to the Dwarven Court Mage and Orc Boar Rider or show me how to do it properly? Thanks!
Fixing Faulty Death / Decay Animations

Status
Not open for further replies.