• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Requesting help for a spell I'm working on [GUI]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm currently working on a spell for a hero (Thor) and it seems to be working correctly (and without issues) as far as I can see and test, but another set of more experienced eyes is always appreciated!

Spell intented behaviour: Once cast, a hammer projectile will fly towards the targeted point, stunning ALL (friend and foe, but excluding structures) units in its path. Upon reaching the targeted point, it will begin to return to the caster, now dealing 400 damage to ALL units it passes through (but not necessarily the units it stunned on its way forward). A ChainLightning special effect is created (and destroyed) on the affected units, both when going forward and when returning.

Thank you for your help! (The triggers are in order, with HammerForward and HammerReturn being "initially enabled=no")
Snimka zaslona (19).png
Snimka zaslona (20).png
Snimka zaslona (21).png

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
The spell looks good and it seems there are no functional mistakes. However it leaks and it's not MUI. You probably don't need it to be MUI, if it's only used by one hero and the hero only exists once in the map.
Here you can read, how to avoid leaks: Things That Leak

I don't see why you use 4 groups here, if you can do it in one. Instead of adding the unit to Stun_Targets/Damage_Targets, immediatly stun/damage the target and add it to a group, so it is not stunned/damaged multiple times. You can use the same group, because the stun groups are cleared, before the damage groups are used.

You can use trigger tags instead of screenshots: How To Post Your Trigger

Level 3
The spell looks good and it seems there are no functional mistakes. However it leaks and it's not MUI. You probably don't need it to be MUI, if it's only used by one hero and the hero only exists once in the map.

Can you explain how this isn't MUI-compatible? Is it because of the "turn off (this trigger)" in the "begining"? Also, thanks for the leaks, I will look into it.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
There are a lot of reasons, why this is not MUI.
Variables (Throw_End, Mjollnir_Thrower,...) can only store one value, so casting it several times will overwrite them and lead to bugs.
Turn off can also make problems, if you use it wrong (you should only turn the trigger off, if all spell instances of this spell are finished).
You could use dynamic indexing to make it MUI: Visualize: Dynamic Indexing

Status
Not open for further replies.