• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] My trigger for a simple Charge spell doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
It looks like this:

• Charge
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Charge!
    • Actions
      • Unit - Turn collision for (Casting unit) Off
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Unit - Set (Casting unit) movement speed to 1000.00
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack (Target unit of issued order)
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Unit - Turn collision for (Casting unit) On
The Charge! spell is based on Storm Bolt. It doesn't deal any damage, but it stuns the target. What I'm trying to make is a Charge spell where the target gets stunned and the caster becomes red and runs with amazing speed towards the target and deals a lot of damage. A pretty simple spell, no? :confused:

Last edited:
Level 6
If I understand the trigger correctly, all the actions will take place at once. So create another trigger that determines the distance between the caster and target. When the distance becomes less than or eual to (value) then your second trigger fires the actions that finish the spell (the collision size and vertex coloring).

Status
Not open for further replies.