• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request: Would like help with applying my texture (needs alpha layers) to my model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Intro:
I'm bradleo, and I'm a new modeler, I have almost finished my first model and skin, but am in need of help applying the skin to my model.

Project:
Making a model of a 1000 ton weight from cartoons, I am making this for the sake of it being a simple model that I do not need to create animations on, so I can learn how to make a model.

Request:
First, I would like help adding alpha layers (don't know if thats what there called) to my skin.
Second, I would like you to edit the .txt file of the model, so as to put in the correct paths for my texture and alpha layers.

Name: 1000 ton weight
Type: Model + skin
Details: A weight that crushed characters from the cartoons
Screenshots:
Skin
weightwithoutalphasmallcw9.jpg

Model w/o skin in game
croppedweightpictureot2.jpg

If I need to post anything else, please reply
Model is set up for the skin already.

Attachments

• weight0.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 96
  • weight0.mdx
    2.7 KB · Views: 76
  • weight0.blp
    202.5 KB · Views: 83
Level 4
The txt file is totally unnecesary. Anyways for alpha layers idk what you mean because only you can truly do it the way you want unless you give out more details. As for applying the texture just use magos' model viewer, go to texture manager>import>material editor> and apply the skin(s)

Level 2
I just want the skin to show up...
If it does than it must be a problem on my end...
I just want it to have the right colors and not be all red like the screenshot.
Thank you for replying both of you, ill give you +rep, but tell me if the model works with the skin without editing.

Level 22
The problem is with the skin... The whole this has 100% transparency, so if you put a blend to let the team-color show through, the whole thing shows team-colored. Just remake the skin as a 128x128 texture, and put a 70% transparency brush in the numbers only.

Hope I helped.

Level 2
Well I tried changing the skin and it didn't work. Sorry about not posting this been busy. :( Since I can't find out the problem myself, can a nice member finish the model and then tell me what was wrong? Thanks ahead of time!

Level 2
Thanks, but I STILL cant get it to work. It has to be something im doing. Do you mind posting the 2 finished parts that work, if you have the time and if you have them?
Thanks again and rep+

Level 10
I dont understand how you have made it have an invisable mask over the entire object. I rebiult the texture in a smaller more sensible size and fgot the transparences on that working, only to find an invivsable mask over the whole object . . .
Maybe i need to learn something here . . .

Level 2
Thanks, I'll mess with the texture later, if i have time. I guess I will have to either totally remove alpha or figure out how to put it behind everything. I tried it without alpha and it didn't work, so the alpha probably got put back on by mistake. If you can get it working, post it, otherwise I will get it done myself...eventually.

Thanks again everyone who posted.
Rep+

Status
Not open for further replies.