• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Request] Texturing help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
This is a request for someone to help explain to me how to do an aspect of texturing, rather than having someone do it for me.

I recently recolored (yes I am new) some of the troll skins made by Kimberly. I wanted to change them from Forest Trolls (original) to Jungle Trolls, just taking the color of the Blizzard trolls and applying them to her skin, made them a lot brighter than the Blizzard ones (not sure if I'm making sense). The Blizzard troll skins seem to be dull(ish), while mine are rather bright (my layer settings in Photoshop are just set to "Hue").

As you can see, I'm pretty 'noob' at texturing, as all I can do is recolor, but my request is to see if someone can help teach me how to dull my recoloring to fit better, as in Jigrael's Skullbearer recolor, which changes his original model into a Jungle Troll, which is in the skin section.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I hope I made sense. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.