• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request: Copy Models Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Request : Copy Models Needed

-------------------------------------------------------

Intro: Hello I am Sun~Fire and i need your help.

Project: I am currently working on my first Aos map and I am in the process of skinning some models for the project. However i want to use more than one skin on the same model.
I have read Draco's tutorial on how to do this (Using more than one skin on the "same model" (Importing a copy model) - Wc3campaigns). But i'm still stumped and am not sure what to do (no offense intended to Draco's tut, i'm just not that great at following things) so i was hoping someone could create a few copies of the same model within Warcraft and upload here for me to use so i can create individual skins for each one for my project. I was hoping it would be possible to either extract the model and make it a custom model and create individual paths for each for me to download.

Request: I really need about 4 different copy models of the Sorceress unit and about 4 copies of Male Villager unit. Thanks so much for reading and i hope this request makes sense.

Level 7
1. download the wc3 model editor! 2 Use mpq browser to get a for example a footman model.. open the extracted footman model see 1. . use texture editor in model editor and add the custom skin you want to it. Problem Solved! Aint i best? F*** YEA! To add a texture in texture manager left click and add texture. Hope it helps ya now i have math. BYE!

Last edited:
Level 7
i will fix it on friday cuz i can only play friday saturday and sunday and on school comps. but then i dont have wc3. Use the mpq browser in wc3 model editor and look for wc3 mpq files and such until you find it. Look in human/units or such i think. when you found the model left click, extract. then open the new footman model. In wc3 model editor find the texture editor/manager and then left click, add texture then add the custom texture you downloaded from the skins section. Import the model and the texture. and bam! youve got both a normal footman and a custom one. AND IM NOT DOUBLE POSTING! i was in such a hurry on my last post so i wrote that in like 30 seconds, Hope this helps you! On friday i can give ya the models if you cant do this alone.

Your gonna need the wc3 model editor, download this from the tools section or if not try some other s i t e like wc3campaigns.net. Have a nice day :)

Here Models of two male villagers and the sorcerer. To import them all just have like sorcerer.mdx sorcerer1,2,3,4 and so on. Same with Villager Enjoy!

Attachments

• Sorceress_V1.mdx
    106 KB · Views: 71
  • VillagerMan1.mdx
    171.8 KB · Views: 69
  • VillagerMan1_Portrait.mdx
    18.9 KB · Views: 63
  • VillagerMan_Portrait.mdx
    18.9 KB · Views: 61
  • VillagerMan.mdx
    171.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Level 3
Thanks so much Fisher they work great. Would the new skin path for each one be something like Textures\Sorceressv1.blp ?
+ rep for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.