• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Request for Terrain Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello all. I need help turn all those gray texture colors shown in the picture below to be completely black, for my space map in Outlands terrain. How can I fix it in Retera's Model Editor? Can someone do that for me?

upload_2020-3-31_16-59-42.png

Convert the texture to an image format that can be opened by photoshop, use a masking tool and select the areas you want to make black, create a new layer with the selection, color that layer completely black, make sure that layer is at the top of the visibility layers then save the image and re-convert the texture to blp and import it under the correct texture path.

Or if you lack photoshop; open the texture in paint and color the areas by hand with the pencil tool :p You can probably use Gimp or something but I have never used that so I can't give any advice on that.

Level 8
Hmmmm. How do I convert the DDS, like I did converted BLP to TGA or JPG, you know?

EDIT: I got it now. I found GIMP free photoshop. I got it opened through the GIMP and I got it converted to BLP. So. How do you properly import the customized texture to WC3 for both Reforged and Classic mode?

EDIT1: Or just import DDS files to map?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.