• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request for a cooldown spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Not sure if I'm supposed to post this here or at triggers.

I have this skill A (Instant, no targeting). I have another skill B (Instant, no targeting).

Please help me make it do one of these two conditions. Any is ok.

1. When A is cast and successfully hit at least 3 targets, reduce cooldown of skill B by 7 seconds.

2. When A is cast and successfully hit at least 3 targets, turns skill B cooldown into 0 for 2 seconds. If not used, then the old cooldown takes back its position.

Thank you.
P.S. Is it true that the Chinese had figured out how to reduce cooldown years ago?

Level 22
The secret of making a lower cooldown for spells is by creating multiple abilities or just one ability with many levels with different cooldown time.
Reducing cooldown is not natively possible in Warcraft 3. All you can do with it is by trying some workarounds or you can probably use custom cooldown system if it does exist as I honestly don't know whether or not it does.

1. Just give the unit new skill B with a cooldown 7 seconds lower than the original cooldown.

2. Might be possible. You can hide the ability which in cooldown with trigger (disabling it) then add another brand-new ability on top of it which has zero cooldown and return it after two seconds. Or just remove the skill B, add new skill B with zero cooldown then remove it and re-add the original skill B after 2 seconds.

Last edited:
Level 2
1. Just give the unit new skill B with a cooldown 7 seconds lower than the original cooldown.

2. Might be possible. You can hide the ability which in cooldown with trigger (disabling it) then add another brand-new ability on top of it which has zero cooldown and return it after two seconds. Or just remove the skill B, add new skill B with zero cooldown then remove it and re-add the original skill B after 2 seconds.

1. The thing is, I'd like it reducing the existing cooldown.

2. Thank you for this suggestion! Didn't cross my mind! Will try to make it myself. xD +rep

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.