• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reputation Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Reputation has been disabled due to abuse and continuous complains by *some* of our users.

This means that only staff members and respected users can give/take-away reputation, with an exception of respected users who cannot leave/take-away negative reputation.

The staff will be more attentive when our users are helpful for the site and it's users so the propper people can be rewarded.

To the users who could behaive and use the reputation system correctly I apologize for taking this optional option away from you.
But it's the reality of the situation, and it must be put to an end.

-- Cheers, Archian.

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Respected Members might be those who are close to moderators, they respect the others/don't break the rules/talk with a good grammar/are helpfull for the community.
However, I can still see the reputation button. I guess nothing happens if I click it.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I have to disagree. It is useful in some situations, for example, when someone needs help, and the moderator is unavaible / unable to help, the user will search for a well-known person with a good reputation; after all, if that person has a good reputation, it's for a reason. Random spammers with over 3000 posts and 5 points of reputation aren't really useful, are they?

This is, of course, just one out of many examples.

Level 7
I have to disagree. It is useful in some situations, for example, when someone needs help, and the moderator is unavaible / unable to help, the user will search for a well-known person with a good reputation; after all, if that person has a good reputation, it's for a reason. Random spammers with over 3000 posts and 5 points of reputation aren't really useful, are they?

This is, of course, just one out of many examples.
No, you don't understand.

This means that the mods in charge and those within the circle choose who deserves respect and who will be labled as immature. This would only result in putting others as surperior based on how much they are liked by the upper class members of the board.

How is that not elietism?

Last edited:
Level 36
No, positive rep is spread around. Look at HappyTauren, he doesn't really showcase much but he still gets rep. You only get negative rep if you act like a jerkwad, and anyway the rep system is meant to be like reputation IRL. Is it elitism in real life? You make your reputation. If you act like a fucktard, you get labeled a fucktard and your reputation will become bad because of it. If you help other people out, you're nice and people like you, then you will have a good reputation, people will like you etc, and it will reflect positively on your reputation. Elitism? I think not. People do not recieve reputation just because a moderator likes them. That is completely unfair and I find it disgusting that you would consider our admin and mod teams that corrupt. You get determined as superior or immature depending on how much you contribute or take away from the community, it is up to the admins good judgement to make sure you are punished when taking away, and its up to all of the users to reward others when they help out and add to the community.

Level 7
{In response to brad.dude03}

But what you don't get is that reputation is what you think of another person and therefore suggestive. One of the mods could say for instance that your language is highly inappropriate and give you minus rep for that yet others wouldn't care.

Everyone has a natural tendency to like someone else over another person. So say for instance AveragePoster is not liked by most of the mods because of a disagreement and yet is generally a nice guy who helps people out. The higher-ups could ignore this and give him minus rep for minor offences or because they don’t like what he’s saying. It could also work the other way around for friends of the higher-ups.

Furthermore, the option to give or takeaway rep is determined by a select group. This dose not reflect real life at all since everyone you meet has an opinion on you and not a consensus built by a group who set themselves above the rest.

Just get rid of the rep system altogether. Let people decide for themselves.

Level 12
I agree to disable the rep system at this moment, since what I see mostly everyday is people not helping each other in the forums. Only few does help people with problems such as Triggering, Modelling, Requests, and JASS and they deserve the rep rather than those that just post useless stuff around.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Geez, Urlock, the moderators are no power-abusers, they were chosen for some reason, no? They'll know who deserves reputation and who deserves punishment. Same goes for the rules.

You have nicer moderators such as Archian, but then you have those serious moderators like Shados and Chriz, who kick you back to the road, should you leave it^^

Level 7
To everyone who participate in this forum, before you continue,
REAd this case and you will see how cruel the people are here..
http://www.forums.hiveworkshop.com/s...t=29911&page=3

brad.dude uses more bad words than DoOs_101, DoOs_101 was insulted by the fact that the title is humiliated by brad.dude, and then he got banned.

To everyone else, if you want to host your project here then Dont!!! because this is no more the perfect place to work!!! its the perfect place to just TALK!!!

jesus christ wont you give this up allready wow its over it started and ended leve the topic alone about your map

this is not the place to put it

Level 18
You have nicer moderators such as Archian, but then you have those serious moderators like Shados and Chriz, who kick you back to the road, should you leave it^^

Heh, not everyone has that good an opinion of me or the other staff members, and with a system like this it is important to have staff members who won't abuse their power, but then it was already like that.

-*meow*

Level 36
{In response to brad.dude03}

But what you don't get is that reputation is what you think of another person and therefore suggestive. One of the mods could say for instance that your language is highly inappropriate and give you minus rep for that yet others wouldn't care.

Everyone has a natural tendency to like someone else over another person. So say for instance AveragePoster is not liked by most of the mods because of a disagreement and yet is generally a nice guy who helps people out. The higher-ups could ignore this and give him minus rep for minor offences or because they don’t like what he’s saying. It could also work the other way around for friends of the higher-ups.

Furthermore, the option to give or takeaway rep is determined by a select group. This dose not reflect real life at all since everyone you meet has an opinion on you and not a consensus built by a group who set themselves above the rest.

Just get rid of the rep system altogether. Let people decide for themselves.

It is STILL up to the best judgement of the moderators and admins, and it is their job to be EQUALLY FAIR to ALL users. Every time they make a move, they din't apply it to their personqal standards, they apply it to forum rules. If that language was inappropriate against the forum rules, theyd get neg rep.

Level 7
Hey, we are talking about reputation point... It's nothing more than a little variable on the site. Duh, I never cared of it, and I think I never will. I don't juge ppl on this site on how much rep they have, but on how much good they are as a person.

Look at me, I had -2 rep for a stupid double-post. Even if it was my first one and my last I hope. So what? I sooooo don't care. Just juge the person for what he is, not his ammount of rep.

I'm not dependant of the popularity movement and never was. So I don't care. You should do the same Urlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.