• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Replays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
is it possible for people to disable replay ? or make them unable to see replay
i want to inplant a hack into a map i decided to create awhile later but i do not want anybody to know about the cheat code,so is it possible ? to disable replay

Level 26
JASS:
native DoNotSaveReplay takes nothing returns nothing

I do not know if you could detect whether a running "game" is being replayed but this would not provide much protection anyway. All players' inputs are stored in the replay file and there are other means to open this file than the wc3 player.

Level 28
Who knows... I haven't used it before (wouldn't know why).

I do vaguely remember a script to check whether a player was watching the replay or playing the game though, so you just try out that function (put it at map init probably) and if it doesn't work I can try finding that script (I put it in one of my maps... the problem is that I have over 500 maps in my maps/test-folder, where I keep stuff like that).

Level 11
500...insane....well i seen it done before
in a map
that person typed something in obs and then he became invulerable for infinite time
then i knew he typed a cheat code so i went to look at replay
but then i couldn't

500...insane....well i seen it done before
in a map
that person typed something in obs and then he became invulerable for infinite time
then i knew he typed a cheat code so i went to look at replay
but then i couldn't
Poor way to cheat :sad:
I cheated my buddy once but I made funny glitch that make his screen black (fade filter for all players except red :D), each time when he attacked I used cheat, rofl he rage quit few times and stop playing that map.

Anyway as users already said replay will be saved always!
So point is, DON'T CHEAT!

If you really don't want to let them view the replay, then you should use this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ntiate-between-replays-actual-gameplay-40777/

Put the code in your map at the map header. (Go to trigger editor, click your map's name above all the triggers and folders, and then paste the code)

Make a boolean variable named IsInGame.

And then just add this trigger:
  • IsReplay
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Custom script: set udg_IsInGame = IsInGame()
      • Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • IsInGame Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Custom script: call ExecuteFunc("asdkfjslkfjdkghfdjkgs")
        • Else - Actions
It is untested, but it should work. However, if it is in game, it will use up a pause. Good luck. :)

Level 17
1.) surely its simpler just to make it so the cheat code only works for you via a condition playername = Darkzxx.
2.) Cheating just annoys people on warcraft and if you want to cheat thats kinda low.

Level 11
you misunderstand...it's like a cheat code to unlock a special player
it ain't like cheats like iseedeadpeople,greedisgood,thereisnospoon,etc
the special player is balanced like all the other players but is special
like Naruto Castle Defense,if you had played it,you would know there is a player that need unlocking which is pain.if you type hyrzjb.uuu9.com,you will activate a special unit called pain,but it is still balanced like all other heros

Status
Not open for further replies.