• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Replay section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
It might be possible Jaakko. A replay section would be cool and I'm sure it would generate a lot of interest.

There would undoubtedly be a few complications and technicalities to work out:
  1. This would be another forum or resource section to moderate, maintain and supervise (although I'm sure we could find someone).

2. I don't believe that .w3g files include the maps themselves. It would therefore be necessary for users who wish to view replays to possess the the referenced map file. Attaching them to threads would be inefficient, so all replays must use Hive Workshop approved maps.

3. Ralle can say best how such a "replay forum" (or resource section) should be devised and implemented: in the end, the final decision is his.
Let's get more input from the rest of the community and hear what the Chieftain has to say.

Level 15
It might be possible Jaakko. A replay section would be cool and I'm sure it would generate a lot of interest.

There would undoubtedly be a few complications and technicalities to work out:
  1. This would be another forum or resource section to moderate, maintain and supervise (although I'm sure we could find someone).

2. I don't believe that .w3g files include the maps themselves. It would therefore be necessary for users who wish to view replays to possess the the referenced map file. Attaching them to threads would be inefficient, so all replays must use Hive Workshop approved maps.

1. If you want to do it agen i'll watch the replays and help out with it.I bet you there will be at LEAST 3 +gb of dumb replays of people exploding sheep to watch, but i'll watch them all (no Pokemon reference intend).

2. I helped make cwad i'll see if i can work out how .w3g files work. Also i'll see if i can find a converter for the replays and then it could be .mov(Quick Time AV format) .avi (Audio Visual format) .wmv(Windows Media Player) etc. these all are native formats and we can upload all of them in posts
except quick time *Unix sob*.

but still its a good idea with micro counters it might be a good learning tool I.E. moderators for the section can have a form/sticky for good mele replays and for popular custom maps (DoTA , Aos etc..)

so if you want to do it i'll gladly spend my time on it.:grin::infl_thumbs_up::grin:
Just pm or poast on the hive collective (mods/admins/webmasters) thoughts i kinda wana here it

Last edited:
Level 15
  1. Ralle, says yes to having it not you or me i just wanted to help
  2. 2 count them 2 site admin sed yes
  3. cant we just try? if my work shows somitng about the replay files then maby it will work
  4. I am getting my own web hosting(hopefully) so i could always let the hive use some space for this
  5. pie is nice
and thats why i think if Ralle give it his magic ok we need to at LEAST try i don't want this to go down with out a try

Level 15
then dont use it
i'll help moderate it
you never need to click on the link

Update:|
Crew: Captan, do you see a Warcraft 3 .w3g replay converter
Capatn: No not yet
Crew: Whell hurry up my arms are getting tired from surfing the web and sailing this ship
Crew: that it no converter

Ya i couldn't find a converter
But, i found that these replayes might not need the ordginal map file to work
50 50 chance yo
kinda depressing
what is more depressing is the fact that someone bought 500 NowWahtten Bog Hog skins (wow they must be crazy)

Last edited:
Level 15
thats good
i really want this to happen
and when i get my web hoasitng (hopefully) i wouldn't mind letting the hive use some of the space. (pie is nice so is Crond )
also i'm going to find the hex codes for the file might be helpful to tool makers

I found some info on the file and its not good
i mean the file type uses the storm.dll to make new temai scripts that run on a version of a map sorted in the file or a mpq so the replays will a linking map file if it isn't a blizzard map
still we MUST try

You cannot convert replays to video file, because what they are, they are just scripts, which you must give specific map, and press replay button. It runs JASS, nothing else. This would be really hard to implement, and would most likely be restricted to melee games. Oh and DesKaladA, replays take SOOOO small amounts of memory that they would never make 3gb (my LAST REPLAY was 3.15kb, melee map).

Level 10
1. If you want to do it agen i'll watch the replays and help out with it.I bet you there will be at LEAST 3 +gb of dumb replays of people exploding sheep to watch, but i'll watch them all (no Pokemon reference intend).

2. I helped make cwad i'll see if i can work out how .w3g files work. Also i'll see if i can find a converter for the replays and then it could be .mov(Quick Time AV format) .avi (Audio Visual format) .wmv(Windows Media Player) etc. these all are native formats and we can upload all of them in posts
except quick time *Unix sob*.

but still its a good idea with micro counters it might be a good learning tool I.E. moderators for the section can have a form/sticky for good mele replays and for popular custom maps (DoTA , Aos etc..)

so if you want to do it i'll gladly spend my time on it.
Just pm or poast on the hive collective (mods/admins/webmasters) thoughts i kinda wana here it

Ralle, says yes to having it not you or me i just wanted to help
2 count them 2 site admin sed yes
cant we just try? if my work shows somitng about the replay files then maby it will work
I am getting my own web hosting(hopefully) so i could always let the hive use some space for this
pie is nice
and thats why i think if Ralle give it his magic ok we need to at LEAST try i don't want this to go down with out a try

yes its the inaprotrate content and the fact that people will submit like 3 gb worth of pointless stuff
if there was a replay section i would modrate it and watch all of the pointless stuff and stuff made innaporprate

still it might be a good learing tool

no you dont get it

2.75 * 10000000000000 people uploaidng a sheep exploding
it will equil 3 gb
not blow up sheep just dont do it man
or sinks or seals

but i guss your right but still i wnat one

DesKaladA, is it just me or are you just trying to get the moderation part for a section that has not even been fully considered yet. Even if it gets approved, someone with more experience in moderation (On this site most likely) would moderate it. Or a respected user with a large amount of reputation. Not to break your spirit or anything. Either that, or its just me.

I dont really support a replay section. I doubt it would succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.