• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Replacing CryptLord and CryptFiend (suggestions pls)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hey all im making a melee map which has Undeads and Nerubians as differents races, so decided to just change these units models to no change the Undead gameplay style. ill just change their models (CryptLord and CryptFiend).

Can you suggest me some model to do it (just bring me links (Hive pls)). They must be from same race (like skeletons, drows, demons, etc)

Pls and thanks.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Knowing that the crypt fiend plays a huge part in today's meta of the undead race, you either need something similar useful or buff other undead units.

There are not many undead ranged units, that are not mages.
You could use this Skeleton Crossbowman: Crossbowman
or use the Skeleton Archer that is already included in the game (there is also a hidden version with fire particles, if I recall correctly)

For the crypt lord you have more options, because it is just a hero and heroes do not play that big roles in army compositions.
You can search for the most downloaded undead hero models for example:

My personal favourite is: Deadeye
In fact most of Tarrasque's models are amazing, expecially their animations are really good.
Another good one from him is: UndeadKnight

Another great source of undead models is -Grendel's models. He has in general mostly evil looking models, so you will find a lot of fitting models there.
Just to name a few: Icecrown Seer Holder of Entropy

Level 9

Icecrown Seer no longer works in version 1.31 anymore and the model loses a hand when looking at the model viewer, don't know is there a way to fix it?​

Status
Not open for further replies.