• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crypt Fiend Rider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, i want to make a spell similar to Mount Hippogryph where the Crypt Fiend merges with a Skeleton Warrior to make this unit CryptRider. The problem is that i want the resulted unit, which is the CryptRider, to last 60seconds then it vanishes and returns into a normal Crypt Fiend.

Is that doable without triggers?
If not pls post your triggers :)

Thank you.

Level 13
i think triggers is easy enough, make 2 spells, one metaorphosis spell which transform your fiend into the fiendrider. but don't give it to the units by default.
then you make a dummy spell with melee range for your skeletons which is only castable on fiends/friendlys. then make a trigger whenever this spell is used on a fiend you give that fiend the metamorphosis and make it use it.
then remove the spell again after metamorphosis ends or if the unit dies (in case you have resurrection spells).

i have no editor here right no, so can't really post the triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.