• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Having trouble with a custom burrow ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello everyone. So, I have 2 units: Nerubian Warrior and Nerubian Web-Flinger. I want them to be able to burrow. However, there are 2 problems. First, the animation isn't ideal because the model stays completely still before it goes underground, as opposed to the Crypt Fiend which literally burrows. Next, when underground, the portrait is a Crypt Fiend and when it unburrows, the model is a Crypt Fiend for a short duration. Is there any way to fix this? thanks!

First, the animation isn't ideal because the model stays completely still before it goes underground
You can't avoid; unless you remake the model with a new animation :). You can also make the skill duration to 0, but it's not very beautiful either ...
when underground, the portrait is a Crypt Fiend and when it unburrows, the model is a Crypt Fiend for a short duration.
I don't know for this, but I think you can't avoid it ^^

Maybe someone else can find a solution :) Good luck

Level 17
For the first one as said above you would need a model with a burrow animation And for the 2nd one give the unit an unburrow animation
Then just use a trigger to play burrow n unborrow and swap out units :p

Level 17
Yeh
or alternatly you can do it the shit way...

Just replaces units with trigger and skip animations.

Or To make things better
Replace units but first create an effect which fogs up the area.
At least then it wouldnt look like a botch job without using models.
The thing which Fogs up area could be dirt spray or somin

Level 11
Well, there are basically 3 different burrowed models. One for crypt fiend, one for scarab beetles, and one for arachnathids. The crypt fiends most closely resemble spiders, so i used that (ohbviously renamed it), but ya

Level 17
As i said just replace the unit .. With another unit once it has burrowed or with an effect thus. The knew unit can be have a model of Burrowed crypt fiend and same abils but not be based of crypt fiend. Thus no Portrait, Just makes it Ms 0 and give it invis :p

Status
Not open for further replies.