• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Hero Burrow ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hello there,

I'm trying to make a burrow spell for a hero. For the burrowed model I have been using the crypt fiend burrowed model so that It would look like that brown burrowed unit indicator. there are 2 problems with this - 1. the unit portrait is a crypt fiend. 2. When the unit unburrows, the automatic unit animation triggers and the crypt fiend rises from the ground before turning into the unit it is supposed to be.

What is the best way to make this spell without having models custom made for it? (Idk how to model, and I have a feeling this is a steep expectation from the request forums...)

thanks!

Level 24
Have you tried setting the transparency of the model to 100% using this?:
upload_2020-6-24_11-44-30.png

Perhaps the unit will disappear and the burrow texture remain.

Level 21
nice idea!

that doesn't seem to have worked...

• burrow vertex
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(burrow))
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: issued
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 100.00% transparency

when I did this nothing happened (though the test text did come up...).

when I did it using "...the effect of /casting an ability" it only worked on the unit after I morphed back. only on the non-burrowed unit.

Last edited:
Level 20
Generally you need to make a model specifically for what you're asking as the 'burrowed' graphic is part of the Crypt Fiend model. If you aren't too picky about what your 'burrowed' graphic looks like you have alternatives (mostly look into doodads).

Level 21
Generally you need to make a model specifically for what you're asking as the 'burrowed' graphic is part of the Crypt Fiend model. If you aren't too picky about what your 'burrowed' graphic looks like you have alternatives (mostly look into doodads).
at first glance I was kind of skeptical, but as of now I think this is my best option. The barrens crater scaled down to 0.2 actually looks pretty similar to the original. Great Idea, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.