• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Using Burrow model (Crypt Fiend + Carrion Beetle) [Reforged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi all,

In my Reforged map I want to use the Crypt fiend's or Carrion Beetle's Burrow Model. Basically to signal some danger zones within a dessert area, showing the Players that something is lurking there.

However, I found no way to extract this model alone, or make the Crypt Fiend 'visible', so that I can fake the model within the map.

Anyone got a good idea how one could make use of the model? Maybe even so that it can be used for a Doodad?

Cheers

Level 12
Thanks Deva. That's exactly the first issue, I don't know which field is used for the alternative animation.

I tried adding
  • Required Animation Names = 'alternateex'
  • Required Link Names = alternate
  • Required Bone Names = alternate
...Similarly to the Demon Hunter (Demon Form), but when I insert the model, it still remains in the normal Crypt Fiend form.

BTW: The Crypt Fiend uses the "Stand Alternate" animation for this model. But no idea how I can extract only 1 animation and enter it into a Doodad.

EDIT: Found a solution by creating a unit on the desired spot with locust and via triggering ordering the 'stand alternate' animation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.