• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Repairing/Remakeing of Old Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys,

long story short the WC3 Reforged broke one of my favorit maps.

The map is Originally from the Hive Workshop.(very old)
Platform Escape 2.01S
Platform Escape 2.01s

The map is still hostable but the key feature(arrow key control) does not work like intended anymore.
I tried some thing but cant manage to open the Map in World Editor.

Is there anybody who can help me open it in WE and possibly give some pointers on how to fix the issue?
Never done any map makeing before but got some experience in codeing(work realted mostly java)

Would be great to hear from someone.
Thanks in advance!
Palagrim

Level 13
That's a bug regarding the arrow key events. If one presses and holds an arrow key, the event repeatedly fires its trigger until it's released; whereas in older versions the event fires only once.

Older versions (1.29):
classic.png

1.32.8:
reforged.png

I'm not sure which patch has broken those events yet.

Last edited:
Level 24
That's a bug regarding the arrow key events. If one presses and holds an arrow key, the event repeatedly fires its trigger until it's released; whereas in older versions the event fires only once.

Older versions (1.29):
View attachment 362319

1.32.8:
View attachment 362320

Ok, How can you open it?

Level 1

Older versions (1.29):
View attachment 362319

1.32.8:
View attachment 362320

First of all thanks for investigateing.
And as for which Patch i can safely say it was the step with the official reforged release since i played it regularly before that :).

Level 1
Fixing it won't cause any harm to the original map-maker, I guess. So, here's a fixed version. Btw, it's still "protected".

Okay first of all a BIG thank you!

Would still be interested in how you can open this map.
Managed to do it half the way and get to look at the code but didnt get it to work in map editor.

But i understand if you dont wanna tell, too many ppl who would hack/steal maps.

PS. Do you have Paypal or smth? I REALLY appreciate your help.

Level 13
Level 1
Hi BloodSoul,
dont know if you will respond after such a long time but I might aswell try.
Theres another map from the same map creator.
Pretty mutch same map with same problem.
I managed to open the file with what you described above but I am not sure how to fix the triggers.
Can you give me a hint on how you did it on the other one?

Attachments

• platform escape 3.1.w3x
    992.5 KB · Views: 11

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Well you should have made a new thread instead of reviving nearly a year old thread.
Off that apart, I've managed to fix it. Now I'm debating if the map I'm going to send here should be openable or not, since the author doesn't look to be around anymore, it looks like a stupid question

Level 1
Hi Wrda,
if by openable you mean openable in WorldEditor i would say no.
Dont have to make it too easy to steal/copy the original creators work. :)

Level 1
Huge thank you. :)
Same offer as for BloodSoul. If you have PayPal or smth I would be glad to show my appreciation.

Status
Not open for further replies.