• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can someone teach me how to open and edit this map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Cowicula's Wilderness Survival 1.2b

I'm new to here, and I love to pay this map, but it seems not completed.
the time limit in this map restrict player only can play round 30min, then it would end.
so I want to remove the time limitation. and which software can edit this map?
Can anybody teach me? Thank you.

Level 1
Cowicula's Wilderness Survival 1.2b

I'm new to here, and I love to pay this map, but it seems not completed.
the time limit in this map restrict player only can play round 30min, then it would end.
so I want to remove the time limitation. and which software can edit this map?
Can anybody teach me? Thank you.

use Warcraft’s World editor. Its in your blizzard launcher. If you receive an error while opening, the map is protected.

Level 1
use Warcraft’s World editor. Its in your blizzard launcher. If you receive an error while opening, the map is protected.
Thank you, but WE is not work, I do not know why, when I try to open the map use WE, it says the trigger data was missing or invalid.

Level 1
Um... I am not sure if this is a problem of version. Can you pls give a try... thanks in advance.

Try opening World Editor with a blank map. Try opening any other map. That will tell you if the map is protected, or if it's a fault with your version.

Level 1
Try opening World Editor with a blank map. Try opening any other map. That will tell you if the map is protected, or if it's a fault with your version.
Still not work, WE show same message.
Could you pls download the map and try it personally? Thank.

Level 12
The Hiveworkshop does not support opening and editing maps without the permission of the author.

If the map is protected the author probably does not want his\her map edited.

Try contacting the author of the map.

@Dr Super Good

Level 1
The Hiveworkshop does not support opening and editing maps without the permission of the author.

If the map is protected the author probably does not want his\her map edited.

Try contacting the author of the map.

@Dr Super Good
Um... Yes, I want but I can not found the way to contact him/her. neither Cowicula nor JaysProjex.
JaysProjex
and the point is I even do not know whether the map was protected... maybe just used wrong version of WE...
and I do see some different version of this map on the web released by different person, so I believe there is some way to edit this map...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You can use MPQEdit to extract individual files from the map. The map script file can be modified using a normal text editor as it will be a JASS script text file but it may also be obfucated so very difficult for humans to understand. After changes are made the loose files can be reassembled into a map using the normal procedure to do so (either MPQEdit or into another clean map). Other map files can be modified as well but they might be binary formats that either need special purpose tools to be made, or extensive knowledge/experience of hex editing data files.

I do not think you will be getting much more support than that here. All the above is general map editing knowledge, such as used by third party program writers to manipulate specific files from a map.

Level 20
If the map is protected, then the author didn't want other people editing it without his permission. If you can't get that permission, the best you can do is to respect the author's wishes and abstain from trying to open his map.

That said, if you have ideas for a cool map, maybe make your own? :) Yes, it's more work, but it should feel even better to play something that you created :)

Level 14
Also by trying to make 1000 different kinds of complicated stuff you can get faster at doing those.
Meanwhile making tooltips (super hard for any mortal and I am mortal) or terraining(takes skill and years of practice and intuition) are skills that are beyond most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.