• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Jass Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay , so , i dont know if this is the right place to post this :). If this is the wrong section , then ill just wait for the mod to transfer it to the right place.

By the way , can someone teach me how to transfer Jass , step by step. Every time i transfer/touch Jass and test the map , i am directed to the main menu, means , i cant open my map.

So . can someone teach me :)

The first step is to determine the script's requirements. Usually it is listed somewhere in the documentation, or there will be some explicit information given in the code itself, i.e.:
JASS:
library Test requires LibraryA, LibraryB, LibraryC
So you have to make sure you also import those triggers/scripts.

Next, determine whether the trigger is in vJASS. If it is in vJASS, then you must use JassNewGenPack to use the scripts (check our tools section).

Copy and paste the necessary triggers. If the trigger is written in plain JASS (not vJASS), look and see if there is anything in the map's header. Sometimes older systems will put required scripts there. (to find the map header, open the map with the script you want to copy, open the trigger editor, and click the map's name)

See if there are any required globals or setup (e.g. object editing). It should be written in the script's documentation or comments. If the script is in vJASS, you shouldn't need to worry about creating any global variables. However, there are some lines in the code known as configurables. These will usually be things such as raw codes for spells, or how much damage an ability does. If the script is written in vJASS, the configurables should be in a globals block, such as this:
JASS:
globals
    private constant integer RAWCODE = 'A000'
    private constant real DAMAGE = 52
endglobals
Or they may have them in functions. Look at the comments in the script (the lines that are green, marked with // or /*) to figure out what can be changed.

Finally, once you have all the necessary scripts in your map, save twice. You must save before hitting "test map", or else it'll go straight to the Warcraft III menu. Even if you do something as simple as clicking somewhere in the trigger editor, you should save before testing. It'll eventually become a habit.

If you can't get it to work with these steps, then post the resource/script in question and then I will give a more specific set of steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.