• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Transfer Heroes between maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I seem to encountered some difficulties with game cache. I want to make an option to go to a submap, then back to the main one, but it's not working for some reason (I've done it by an almost step to step tutorial).

I could transfer my heroes to the submap, but when I wanted to go back, they just standing around the transfer point and don't go back. I managed to do this years ago on 2 test-maps, but for some weird reason, the 'change map' option kicks me into the menu, even though I gave the exact name of the map, like:
  • Game - Save as Map1.w3z and change level to Maps\Map2.w3x (Skip Scores)
I didn't put the maps into campaign (I tried though and it didn't work either.)

I used this tutorial: http://www.jx3.net/tdg/forum/viewtopic.php?t=973 it was quite detailed, except the going back part which suppose to be something similar than the going to map2 part.

I'd also happy if someone could provide me with a working test-map(s) to see what's differ from my triggers.

Level 5
Just standing: submap of my current work, when I want the heroes to go back to the main map.

Kicks me out: my old testmap when I want to go from the main map to the sub map.

Level 5
I could transport the heroes from the main map without putting them into a campaign which worked perfectly (health, mana, items, gold, skills are all worked fine). Load back didn't work, but as I remember, I managed to do it years ago with the other map.

EDIT: I fixed my old maps, made them into campaign. Now it capable of transferring Hero, life, mana and gold. Hopefully I can use it to fix my recent maps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.