• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Maps Transition save/load doesn't work

Level 6
Hey guys, I need a help with a complicated problem.

I'm helping my friend translating Rexxar bonus campaign into different language, but we can't get the transition system with save/load function to work.

To make this possible, we are using custom files in WarcraftIII\retail_\Campaigns\Reforged\TFT so instead of original blizzard maps, our translated maps are loaded when starting the Campaign in game.

Rexxar maps have all the original triggers, the only two things changed is the Game cache name, Blizzard is using Campaigns.w3v and we are using Campaign.w3v

Second change is ZoneMapPath Variable, Blizzard is using Campaign\Reforged\TFT\ and we are using Campaigns\Reforged\TFT\

The problem is when you transition, Example: You transition from MAP1 into MAP2, so a save is created in C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Warcraft III\BattleNet\111111111\Campaigns\Reforged\CustomSaves\MAP1\BlizzardFolder/Zones\MAP1.w3z

But if you want to transition back from MAP2 into MAP1, the conditions from this trigger for loading a save is never met and the game will Load MAP1 from the beginning instead of Save file.

• Perform Map Transition
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ZoneSaves[TransitionTarget] Not equal to <Empty String>
          • (The ((ZoneFolder + \) + ZoneSaves[TransitionTarget]) saved-game exists) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- We've visited this map before, so load the last saved-game --------
          • Game - Save game as ((ZoneFolder + \) + ZoneSaves[TransitionSource]) and load ((ZoneFolder + \) + ZoneSaves[TransitionTarget]) (Skip scores)
        • Else - Actions
          • -------- We haven't visited this map yet, so load the map from scratch --------
          • Game - Save game as ((ZoneFolder + \) + ZoneSaves[TransitionSource]) and change level to (ZoneMapPath + (ZoneMaps[TransitionTarget] + ZoneMapExt)) (Skip scores)
If i skip the conditions, MAP2 will be saved but MAP1 savefile won't load anyway.

So, the question is, why it cannot find the saved file from MAP1 ?

Last edited: