• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to play old maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello to all! Well here my Problem

I have alot of old wc3 maps,im interested to play old version but some of these old maps dont work.

For example: I want to play Dota 6.59 but when i try to host it or playing Multi player the game automatically return me to the players screen without loading the map.Only can play thoes in Single player.

This happen for alot of old maps,
I want to know why this happen and how can i resolve this.
I dont understand why some old maps work and some not.
The only Way to play thoes map are Switching to the 1.23 Ver Of Wc3, but i want play it online Whit others and cant ask to all to Switch The game Version Lol-

I have Also many maps made by me and cant Host it on Multiplayer just on single
( and i have many maps prote when i try to open it whit the Exprotect program and open again whit the editWc3 to Save and Try that way.. Cant... the map have mising things any way, i need some Map optimizer or someting ... one jass optinimzer, well dont have idea, i dont make maps since 3 Yeard ago and my brain is empty ^^
Thanks to much and i hope one reply!!one hug to all

Level 2
Thansk guys for fast reply,... Ehmm now here my problem.. am teh creator of many maps, mines. The Real Question is,, How Can updates That maps, for teh 1.24e? that all thanks so much again!

Level 2
Thansk guys for fast reply,... Ehmm now here my problem.. am teh creator of many maps, mines. The Real Question is,, How Can updates That maps, for teh 1.24e? that all thanks so much again!
by the way, i can Swtich The Game Ver Whit the Switcher to teh 1.23 but i want play thoes maps Onlie Whit anothers gamers and cant Ask one by one, to Siwtch the Game Ver :) is a mess. any way, thanks again

Level 2
Well Thanks a lot guys, The problem is I dont have idea about how to make it.. mean.. i open my old map and next? lol nvm i going to lear in time about this jass... sigh. thanks again and bb

EDIT: Well ( LOL ) nvm I Figured Aready
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/772/jassp.jpg

JASS:
function GetTrigger takes gamecache cache ,string string1,string string2 returns trigger
    return GetStoredInteger(cache,string1,string2)
    return null
endfunction

function GetUnit takes gamecache cache ,string string1,string string2 returns unit
    return GetStoredInteger(cache,string1,string2)
    return null
endfunction

function H2I takes handle h returns integer
return h
return 0
endfunction

function H2S takes handle h returns string
return I2S(H2I(h))
endfunction

function H2T takes handle h returns timer
return h
endfunction

function I2H takes integer i returns handle
    return i
    return null
endfunction

function I2G takes integer i returns group
    return i
    return null
endfunction

function ErrorMessage takes player whichplayer,string text returns nothing
    local sound s=CreateSoundFromLabel("InterfaceError",false,false,false,10,10)
    if(GetLocalPlayer()==whichplayer)then
     if(text!="")and(text!=null)then
         call ClearTextMessages()
         call DisplayTimedTextToPlayer(whichplayer,0.52,-1.00,2.00,"|cffffcc00"+text+"|r")
     endif
         call StartSound(s)
    endif
    call KillSoundWhenDone(s)
    set s=null
endfunction

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.