• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make old protected maps compatible with 1.24e?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello,

There are dozens of cool old maps which are protected, and I want to play them on 1.24e, but because of some patch issues the return function was removed and blah blah blah

The maps are protected, how can I play them in 1.24e without switching to an older patch? Is there a tool that can do it?

Thanks.:thumbs_up:

Level 5
If map wasn't edited it should not make a differencje in which version you want to play. I had such a situation with MER. I could play and it worked well but when I wanted to open it and save once more with patched WE map wasn't working properly.

Level 9
The maps use many JASS functions which need to be replaced, the maps are alot, and if I unprotect them the triggers will be very long, and for many maps. Why can't somebody create a tool to make any map compatible with 1.24e...? is it impossible or nobody is willing to do the job?

Level 4
It is near to "hacking". Let the official team handle it and wait until it released.

If the team has gone away, the map is currently DEAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.