• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing unknown chunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok so, I got an m3 model, converted it to obj through blender, converted in to mdl through milkshake and now I can't convert it from mdl to mdx because oF UNKNOwn CHUnkS????????

^This is what I spent the last 10 hours today researching and learning to do. How the frick do I remove these so called unknown chunks? What program? What do I click? HELP!!!! :angry:

Level 6
Try exporting to MDL directly with Blender.
Then you can use MDLX Converter to convert your MDL to MDX, or War3 Model Editor.
See if you still have that issue with « unknown chunks ». You could also attach your MDL file. But it's probably an issue with some objects not correctly converted from the OBJ to MDL. So getting rid of the unnecessary extra step should prevent that issue from happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.