• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Remove basic abilities: move, patrol, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I have a system of movement that doesn't use the usual abilities at all. I'd like to clear away Move, Patrol and Stop. I got rid of attack already by giving the unit no attack...

Is there anyway to remove those so I can put abilities in their place?

I've thought of using Spell Book so I have more hotkeyed spells available, but that kills my AI because you can't order a unit to open their spell book.

Thank you,

Darwin

Level 14
Dr. Boom,

Thanks, that does actually work. Though unfortunately it messed up some other stuff (the unit won't fly)...

I found a good work around though. It turns out you can give someone a spell book ability, then mandate that the player select them and press the hotkey. it doesn't work on computer units apparently, but it'll get me what I need.

Thanks, and enjoy the rep.

Level 4
Take a look of WEU script... I've found something named "Remove Basic Abilities". Although WEU is using 1.20 patch, the trigger works properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.