• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Remapping or Rewrapping Textures of Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have several models using ingame textures that need to be rewrapped to properly wrap the textures.

Does anyone know how I would do this using War3 Model Editor? I know how to do it all in 3ds Max, but max cannot animate the models, sadly..

Level 7
Ah I should of guessed. Just a couple more questions.
How would I convert it to .3ds, also how would I animate the geosets that I import?

Example: If I have a naga, then import a geoset (cape from another wc3 Hero) how would I animate the geoset cap if the naga already has animations on it? Any easier way or would I have to completely reanimate each animation of the original Naga animations With the cape being animated?

Thanks +Rep

How would I convert it to .3ds
Biturn in tools section.
also how would I animate the geosets that I import?
When importing a geoset (in Magos), a popup window occurs in which you can assign the imported geoset to an existing bone.

If you wanted to make your own bones and animations (eg. adding a Jump anim to a Villager, or importing a Bow geoset and you want to replace his attack anim to shoot an arrow), download MdlVis (use google to find).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.