• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Import/Edit model texture animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have a very simple model only using texture animations (translation and rotation).
Basically I just want to know which program/plugins/tools are best to import it to a modeling software and be able to view/edit the animations.

The basic Model Editor wont work because it cant display rotation texture animation. I have fiddled with 3ds Max 2013 but found no script/plugin which just imports me the whole model with animations/textures/etc..

Please tell me :sad:. I'll use anything that works..

Level 12
Try magos, it's the only tool that can edit texture animations, but it's still quet painfull process.

That is a strong sentence and would end my long search.
But didnt Blizzard himself use 3ds Max in the first place to create the texture animations on some models??

Level 12
I dont care if I have to import/export, I just need something that works!

As I said Magos is bad because it cant display texture rotation.

Level 12
Ok Mdlvis does not work.
It displays the texture animation in another weird way and there seems to be no option to edit it at all..

Status
Not open for further replies.