• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animating textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Tools I'm using: 3ds Max with the War3 Art Tools

I am trying to make an effect that requires me to animate the texture of a mesh. After animating the UVW unwrap and it worked as it should in Max, I noticed that that it didn't show up in the war3 preview.

When searching for answers about how to animate the texture properly for war3 models, the closest similar problem I found was this thread. I'm fairly new to 3ds max, so I don't know how to use the skin modifier or how to animate the texture in other ways.

I've attached the max file so it should be easier to understand what the problem is exactly.

If anyone could help me or at least point me in the right direction on where I can find the answer to this problem, that'd be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Cleave.max
    139 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.