• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

*.max files to *.mdx and some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I was serching b4 posting and i found nothing so i made a new thread.
I finally have 3ds max
How to convert *.max file into mdx? (know how t convert md2 or ms3d but never heard about conveting max files).

And 1 question i am total n00b in 3d max always used only war3 model editor how can i put a texture on my model in 3d max ?

Level 7
I think its not working as it shall work i converted my model to *.mdl and when i opend it in war3 model editor it opened it but it was unseen like model of nothing. I tried it with normal cube but it also was invisible maybe i shall put *.blp texture on it but how? And isnt the model color from 3ds max a texture ?

Level 7
Hmm it is not working because even if i put the texture i cant see the model (dont think its so small)
Im really thankful but can u tell me what else shall i do ?

Im sure that texture is working because i tried blizzard's maybe i shall put more detailed path or sth ?

i made it exactly like that
Code:
Textures 1 {
	Bitmap {
		Image "image.blp",
	}
}

image.blp is renamed sorcess texture putet into the same folder which model is in.

What else should i try ?

Level 25
sometimes script don't want to export the mesh
like here:
Code:
// 'DeX Version: 0.185m
Version {
	FormatVersion 800,
}
Model "" {
	BlendTime 150,
}
Textures 1 {
	Bitmap {
		Image "",
		ReplaceableId 1,
	}
}
Materials 1 {
	Material {
		Layer {
			FilterMode None,
			static TextureID 0,
		}
	}
}

than use Print To Listener in dex script
than go to MAXScript and Open Listener and copy that text to notepad and save as mdl

Status
Not open for further replies.