• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

UV mapping problem (Is Milkshape even worth it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
While attempting to texture my first model in Milkshape, I have run into a problem: Remapping doesn't work properly. Front remapped fine, but when I get to Left, it simply remaps everything to a single point, making it impossible to work with:
upload_2018-7-4_12-42-44.png

Any ideas on how to make it work properly? Or should I give up and learn 3ds instead?

Level 29
I don't remember how unwrapping works with Milkshape, but generally the problem with automatic unwrapping algorithms is that they are very bad without UV seams. Can you add seams in Milkshape?
Once your mesh is split into different logical pieces for the unwrapper, the results get far better for the algorithms.

Level 3
I don't remember how unwrapping works with Milkshape, but generally the problem with automatic unwrapping algorithms is that they are very bad without UV seams. Can you add seams in Milkshape?
Once your mesh is split into different logical pieces for the unwrapper, the results get far better for the algorithms.
Ah yes, it worked splitting it up into individual groups for each side and then mapping them independently.
upload_2018-7-4_16-22-53.png

Thank you all, nice community here

Status
Not open for further replies.