• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3DS / Milkshape Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ok im having this problem...i made this ghetto looking d-day boat that still has some work to be done on.

first i started out making it in 3dsmax no problems....exported it into a 3DS then open it up in milk shape....

here are some pics to explain what is happening

Milkshape 3DS file
MilkshapeBoat.jpg

3DSmax 3DS file
3DSmax3DS.jpg

3DSmax 3DSmax file
3DSmaxboat.jpg

any idea what im doing wrong?:witch_doc_sad:

thx if you can help me

Level 2
Did you use "mirror" function in 3d max? Sometimes other programs mirror wrong axis's in 3ds model, or even mirrored elemets might disapear. Sometimes in the past that thing happened to my models.

Level 32
[off-topic]

Blarkman11: hopefully someone will be able to help.

When creating new threads please give them good titles. What the? help! is not very helpful: the site's search engine (and we users) don't know EXACTLY what you need help with.

Always try to make thread title as specific as possible. Thanks.

~ Thread renamed.

Level 2
First,
the model is all primitive shapes.

Second,
Why oh WHY do you export it to milkshape, if you are using 3dsmax?

Third,
those pictures will not help at all, post the files so people can actually look at them.

Level 3
First,
the model is all primitive shapes.

Second,
Why oh WHY do you export it to milkshape, if you are using 3dsmax?

Third,
those pictures will not help at all, post the files so people can actually look at them.

ok the model is all primitive shapes because im not done yet, this would be my first model if it works and i dont know how to do anything different...

Second im using milkshape to export the model into a MDL or MDX or w/e im supposed to be using

and three i didnt know that :bored: and theres the 3ds max
Did you use "mirror" function in 3d max? Sometimes other programs mirror wrong axis's in 3ds model, or even mirrored elemets might disapear. Sometimes in the past that thing happened to my models.

and no i didnt

Attachments

• Boat.max
    186 KB · Views: 67
Level 2
quick question which version of max are you using?

Quick finds, no need for camera and why are you making an assembly?

More finds, it worked when i connected all the sides and converted everything to an editable mesh.

FIXED THE FILE.

Attachments

• 123boat.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Level 2
Check my previous post.
why did you make the sides out of 3 cubes? wouldn't it have been easier to extrude the side or even just scale it to the size you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.