• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Reign of Chaos World Editor Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok, this may sounds strange but i really need to know wich kind of things i can do on the world editor WITHOUT using ANY feature that would cause my map to be playable on The Frozen Throne only.

An example, i know that i cannot use heroes with higher level than 10, or that i cannot use naga models because they were added on the expansion only.

The problem is that my map becomes a TfT map even when i add a custom ability.
So, can someone post a list of what i CANNOT do with the RoC editor?

A last thing, if i need to use something like Garithos model, can i export it somehow, then import it without using TfT features?

Level 3
Ok i'll change the question since a list may be a little difficult to make in fact.

Can i do Custom Scripts in editor? It says me that i'm using TfT features if i do but, seriously you can't remove leaks in RoC?

If i import a custom model that uses a TfT texture, how will it work?

Level 3
That doesn't work :/
The file type is a consequence of the map, you can't save it as you want, if it uses TfT features i can't save it as a RoC because the editor doesn't allow it.
Yeah i can't use those tileset, neutral heroes (Panda etc..), some neutral creeps, elevators etc....
But the problem is on triggers, i mean if i make a triggered ability that needs like 2 triggers to work, i'll need to modify a normal one, then make one trigger, and if that works, i'll need to make the second one, but if i find out that the second one cannot be done in RoC, i've just wasted like 10-15 mins of my time.
Got the problem? :/

Level 1
Ok Ive been having same issues as you. I'm only using RoC installment because of this. I'm not too familier with World Editor. I need help making a kill ledger on RoC. Ive searched videos and other forums but they all seem to rotate around TfT. Do I have to Down load an app???

Level 8
You can have more than one warcraft 3 install on the comp, just remove the regsitry

Do this, but delete what is there instead of add:
http://koew.net/262

Then install RoC with a custom path
and then replace your registry with what it had.

Level 3
I've read the whole linked post but i didn't understand a damn, basically.
What you've said could be the solution i'm looking for but could you put it in an easier way since i'm really bad at these kind of things?
Have you also tried it, sure that that doesn't cause a mess?

Level 11
If you don't have tft installed it gets really boring on B-Net since there is only 6 years old DotA maps and buggy Footmen Frenzy to play, at least last time i checked.

If a good roc map were to be released it could make a real hit there.

Level 3
Ok i found the solution so this thread could be closed, thanks everyone :)

OT:I have tried to host many maps on tft, and you guess what?
1 hours hosting and 3-4 people came, seriously.
Those bots made tft a complete crap, at least on RoC i can play something funny with everyone.
I've hosted a nearly unknown map on roc and it filled in 2 mins.
That's why i want to make a RoC map.

Status
Not open for further replies.