• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Regicide v2.12

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Sodomizer
This map is based off Regicide v1.06 made by Ackpth.
I Liked his map even when it was a very old one, that is why i decided this map needs to be reworked.
You can download his map from here as well afaik :)

I rebalanced the whole map: all heroes, all abilities, all items etc.
Additionally i implemented some custom spells and abilities made by others (credits are given in questlog).

Overall i think i did my job quite well :)
If you find any bugs, or you think something is still imbalanced, just add it as a comment.

Description of the map:
You can choose between two teams: attackers and defenders.
the attackers have to assassinate the king while defenders (you won't believe it 0o) have to defend him.
all this works in aos-style. each side has an autospawned army that supports you with your job/s.
you can upgrade your army, improve your hero with items or give your gold into the money vault so others are able to use it when needed.
All this and more information can be found in the "Help"-menu(F9)

I hope you like the map :)

Update v2.01:
- fixed two major bugs regarding troll and deathknight...
- added a possibility to get the 'Teleport' spell(friend of mine had a bug, the spell just disappeared after reviving ...)

Update v2.02:
- Ol' Monty sells some other stuff as well now
- reduced experience from herokills ... again .. ^^
- reworked the manacost of several abilities
- some heroes had their stats slightly changed for balance reasons
- several buyable items were rebalanced, one fun item (UBER POINTY STICK) has a new name and is quite useful now!
- reworked a few abilities, again for balance reasons

Update v2.03:
- once again rebalanced several abilities and heroes
- rebalanced the cost for upgrades
- added more information(tips and floating texts)
- fixed several malfunctioning abilities
- finally added different movementspeeds for the heroes, depending on their main attribute and ranged/melee fighting style
=i think that should help to improve gamebalance alot :D

Update v2.04:
- rebalanced several abilities and heroes (as usual)
- rebalanced ALL army units and their upgrades
- king and his general will be lv37 instantly
- added global experience(no matter where you are, you get the same experience)
- lowered reviving time, gold lost on death and experience from herokills (biggest disadvantage when dead now is that you gain no experience)
- finally solved the problem with the disappearing teleport spell
- reworked all potions
- made "hidden" things easier detectable
= again a great step towards total balance i guess ;)

Update v2.05:
- fixed a crashbug
- changed Teleportsystem and fixed abusive Teleportbugs
- reworked planeswalker and druid stats and abilities to work flawless
- Ol' Monty now helps you with regenerating life and mana to decrease the "downtimes", additionally he is selling more items now
-weakened marksmen and berserkers (dealt way too much dmg)

Update v2.10:
- skipped some versions due to the importance of the changes
- reworked almost every herospell in every aspect
- added useful hotkeys to all spells (fitting the "QWERT"-system)
- changed the "type" of several defender heroes (for example engineer=melee agi instead of ranged agi, making him faster and more durable)
- reworked itemcost completely (costs less now)
- added lots of different potions
- corrected several typos and such
- added a new hero to defenders. you will like him! ;)

Update v2.11:
- several balancechanges to several heroes and abilities ... ^^

Update v2.12:
- fixed a nasty disconnectbug
- several cosmetic and balance changes
- added hireable spawns for attackers and slightly increased the moneygain for them

Enjoy and keep posting useful comments :D

Keywords:
Regicide, king, balance, attack+defend
Contents

Regicide v2.12 (Map)

Reviews
11:11, 11th Aug 2009 Rui: This map is not working with the latest patch (1.24). Please fix it and press the Update button in the tab just above the map's details.

M

11:11, 11th Aug 2009
Rui:
This map is not working with the latest patch (1.24). Please fix it and press the Update button in the tab just above the map's details.

Level 6
Really loved the first version of this map , was my favourite , could even play it solo ;] Gonna check it out bit later for sure !!!

Level 4
first update

ye as already described i did my best to rebalance really all the heroes. some of them were just way too awesome. this is fixed now^^

oh and btw, in v2.00 you got way too much experience for herokills. thats fixed as well now. still alot of exp but not that much that it would decide a match :)

and something else: in v2.01 i used another tool to improve the map. it is around one third smaller now and all bugs regarding misplaced texts and some missing doodads should be hopefully fixed now :D

for all the fans of the old version: i hope you enjoy my remake as much as the old one (or even more^^)

Level 6
I used to play this map alot a long time ago, am glad that you picked up the project again, tried the necromancer hero again, solo:
The raise dead spell, level 4 I think, undead archers, does not have an attack.
And the lvl 9 rank of the spell says it lasts for 60sec but it only lasts for 30.

//Ripoff

Level 4
woot thy got no attack at all? o0 weird ... well i think thats the fault of the program i used to compress the map ...
the duration: k that must be a typo when its only that one rank.
gotta fix this^^
much thanks for posting this. if you find other bugs please tell me :)

well i myself found some balance issues as well.
i will update to v2.02 soon, but atm i dont got that much time for this :(

maybe i can manage to finish it today, else it could take until next week

Level 4
well thank you :)
let me explain this:
the massarmy thingy: that depends on warcraft3 itself. when there are too many units those units seem to get bugged. if anyone knows if it is even possible to fix this, tell me pls.

pyromancer ultimate is fine. after all he is a caster of the type "massive damage, low hp" ;) besides, i think other abilities like sudden doom are really strong as well, but they deserve the damage and should be used to push the line/s.
autobalance is used when its for example 2v4 at start because of leaver/s. it just adds a random hero owned by computer with shared control. sometimes this can help alot, but its anoying when a newbie starts suiciding with that hero ... guess that can't be helped. just kick them if they don't want to listen to you xD

oh thanks for the dagger thingy.
i redesigned the ability to be some kind of meleeslow with massive damage. fits the rogue-style of the hero ;)
oh and i changed her passive ability. i just didnt like the idea of an assassin with evasion. this hero needs massive damage to kill heroes like the psionist .. ;)

EDIT: update v2.02! added changelog as well
EDIT2: forgot to rename the map when seeing it in the list it seems.
who cares? its working well! xD

Last edited:
Level 8
Hi guys! I tested your map, and found a bug:

Look the screenshot I've got for ya: there is 2 gates (dungeon gates) and I wanted to destroy them so I did. Then after I walked trought where the destroyed gate is, it repaired full, but the other one didn't! So is the gates meant to be repaired after walking throught or not?

Attachments

• Gateerror1.JPG
    Gateerror1.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,280
Level 4
just updated to v2.03! :)

for the potions: 150hp isn't that much. it is just meant to help early game. venom lord doesn't need one imo. you just gotta be careful with him ;)

i will NOT add any rebalance functions! attackers were designed to meet the "attacking" style and defenders ... well you get the point i guess xD
you can still use the leavers to attack/defend a lane that isn't under massive defense/attack or just to save the way to a vendor or upgrader.

for the expensive items: i just changed the cost of the upgrades and slightly lowered the effect of the defensive upgrade (if you focused on that upgrade, the units just got too powerful for the low price)
several items got some slight changes, however the "startup-equip" buyable from the enchanter didn't change. i think it is fine. it should be used to prevent dying from burstattacks or from going out of mana too fast.

for the gold thing: tbh i dont think this would be that helpful balance-wise. if you suddenly gain alot of money, you would instantly upgrade an expensive upgrade, giving you a huge advantage.

k thanks for your comment, i hope you understand my ideas behind this.
oh one last thing: the assassin is quite deadly against low-hp heroes. that is working as intended. buy some hitpoints/potions/crystalorbs and you should be fine ;)

please keep posting comments and ideas @all :)

EDIT: just got an idea for a new item. some sort of speedbooster, working like +50% speed for 2-3 sec ... well gotta think about that

EDIT2: for those switches on the ground near the 2 gates i removed: the upper left one near the bridge will trigger a trap to either prevent heroes from fleeing and/or from attacking.

the one to the lower right, with the footprints nearby: this is the one that teleports you to the hermit who sells some useful items :)

EDIT3: expect a new version soon, with balance changes ;)
i think i will host the map alot this weekend to find out more balance issues.
btw i got a hero idea as well. defenders have an open heroslot when you look at their heroselection area ;) but this will take some time. firstoff there has to be more balance between the existing heroes.

Last edited:
Level 4
update v2.04

finished v2.04 now :D
read the changes above.

was quite alot of work, especially to balance the army units.

overall the attacking army got weakened more than the defending army. some people might complain about this. but remember that the game is focused on YOU, the hero, and not just the army.

oh and i forgot to mention that the gold from leavers is now split amongst his teammates.
and the bottomless pot is now free for everybody as well(but has lowered healed amount)

EDIT: accidently uploaded an older version -.- now it should be the real v2.04 xD

UPDATE! Now its v2.05. mainly fixed a big crashbug and lagissue
other changes are balance-wise as always xD

Last edited:
Level 4
I know the matter with uploading the old map, i hosted it yesterday and in game we (attackers) won easily, the blue player has the berbeserk, me the necromancien and another has the marksman... the Marksman pass over 2 defences lines and kill instantly the King (the guard didn't even move)after 20 min of game...

Level 4
be assured that this kind of bugs shouldn't exist anymore ^^
the version atm has a high level of balance imo. next thing to add might be some information on the heroes, how hard it is to play them. but then again thats all situational ... well lets see :)

Level 4
2.05 Report
Assassin Fans of Knives mana cost should increase by 1 each level. With 30 mana to spam, it makes it kill anything, especially with that new starter Potion.

Defender Hero Engineer Tower 10 Limit, when you use the manuel dismantle tower ability or you destroyed it yourself, the limit of that destroyed tower is still there. (EX: I have 10 Towers, I destroy one using the ability or using my own towers to destroy it and have 9 Towers only, I can't build an other one because of the Tower Limit.) Are you using Variable Integers on the tower limit?

Defender Hero Engineer SteelShield Ward range should be reduced, or have a start lower duration, or have the Ward increase in armor at a fixed rate.

The item Morguin Blade Frenzy ability doesn't work as an activated skill. This is also the same with the Rune of Unleashed Fury item activation skill.

Defender Hero Spell Breaker, Nova creates too much lag, each time it is cast, it always brings up the Drop Screen and/or disconnects people.

I still think most of the item are just way too expensive, and there not even worth buying compare to other items.

Last edited:
Level 4
As Xenosword i think the price of item and upgrade are TOO much expensive, one you must absoluty make the kill of unit gain gold for the team or something like that because having the gold from killing make ways too hard the gain of gold and then it's only hero + army with skills... no item...
Also the secrets are also unnecessary since we can't buy the item they gave.
So for me the best thing to do is really to change the gold bounty system because it's too hard and it's make the game sad...

And at least the vault in the base can give gold but it'should give the gold of the computer player that's with you instead of give just some gold.

Well However this game is fun and complete but this matter really sad me and others players with i played this map.

Edit : I forgott to say it but the -time command doesn't seem to work, I tried the command a lot of time with different styles but it never worked, so how exactly the command should be used ?

Level 4
thanks for the good report :D

added to my what-to-change-notes for next version, together with other balance issues i noticed.

i think i gotta replace the nova even when it looks pretty cool.

and btw: idea behind the moneygaining is: if you got some money you really have to think about what to buy from it, depending on your situation in the game. maybe i can increase the money from killed units. lemme think about that

Level 4
I don't think that you should increase the bounty but instead you should something like a team gold system because if you just increase the bounty of units then hero with strong damage skills will be too advantaged (there are already because of the gold matter) and buffer/support/tanker heroes will have a major disavantage. maybe a good idea could be give to bounty to all hero near a killed ennemy units/heroes.
For exemple : There is one bandit killed near a hero by a friend computer unit then the hero gain a part of the bounty, and if there is 2 heroes then they gain bounty/2 + a light bonus (or then hero will never come together)

Level 4
I don't think that you should increase the bounty but instead you should something like a team gold system because if you just increase the bounty of units then hero with strong damage skills will be too advantaged (there are already because of the gold matter) and buffer/support/tanker heroes will have a major disavantage. maybe a good idea could be give to bounty to all hero near a killed ennemy units/heroes.
For exemple : There is one bandit killed near a hero by a friend computer unit then the hero gain a part of the bounty, and if there is 2 heroes then they gain bounty/2 + a light bonus (or then hero will never come together)

i know what you mean with that money system. i like the idea but i guess i am missing the knowledge to add this. besides, heroes that are focused on killing heroes are normally not really good at aoe killing units. other heroes therefore are good at killing units but bad against heroes. and another sort of heroes (like the firecaster at attackerside) is good at both depending on what you spend your skillpoints for. therefor he is really fragile.

the next version will take some time until it gets released. expect alot of changes, including finally fixing all hotkeys to fit a Q-W-E-R-T system, reworked itemcost, more balanced spells and manacost and new potions to choose from.

if you find out any other bug and/or imba ability or whatever just post it.
btw i plan to make the assassin more like an assassin. so no more happy army killing with fan of knives and horde of thieves, but happy hero killing with more disabling power instead. ^^

Level 4
im still alive ;)

hi all, dont think i have given up already, im almost finished with the new version :D

i already implemented the new hero and atm im in the testing phase for him.

additionally im about to rebalance the manacost and partially the effect(s) of all spells and abilities. just finished the dark side.
as stated above i lowered the cost of all items and added quite a few new items, as well as balancing the existing ones ^^

EDIT: for the few ppl that might read this:
i am finished so far. last thing on my to-do-list is to change some defender-heroes from ranged to melee for more balance. oh and the new hero might look as if he is imba
(means: some ppl will say he is a fragile weakling while others will say he is overpowered .. ^^)
however its fun to play him, consider it a hero that is not as easy to play as others.
atm WoW is stealing my time but im alrdy bored with lvling my chars, allowing me to get some progress with the update ;)

EDIT2: finally finished it! hf and spread it amongst the world!

yet another EDIT: seems i forgot to update the mapname -.-
well however, who is actually reading that? xD

Last edited:
Level 2
Map is good

This map is good al give it 4.00 (its great not 5.00 but 4.00 is a good rate) and a can't rate it now am not a member for 10 days and maybe al change my mind.

Level 1
hi there =)
i found a few bugs:
death knight isnt undead(which renders his death coil nearly useless(a 375dmg nuke on max isnt a big deal...))
the manacosts of the clusterrockets of the psycho alchemist doesnt decrease per lvl
and the skill "burning oil" of the Psycho alchemist does nothing

Level 4
the deathcoil isnt meant to heal yourself. use it to help your allies or damage your enemies.

the alchemist issues sound quite weird .. gotta look for that oil bug ...
damn i really forgot to change the manacost of the spell ..
thx :)

maybe i should just replace one of the abilities ... lets see what i can do^^

im already working on the next version, found some other issues.
if you find other bugs and/or problems feel free to post them here

Level 4
the deathknight IS undead. he just cant heal himself (would make him quite imba)

besides, i just reworked the psycho-alchemist. he is now happy to have 2 remade abilities and one replaced ability ^^

i try to finish this version asap to update it here :)

edit: in case you didnt read it: all attacking units are undead, while all defending ones are "normal" living ones ^^

Level 1
hm sad he cant heal himself =(

btw: that nargath the immortal is a quite funny idea xD
maybe a bit too extreme(cause u cant get rid of him lol)

Level 4
ye i made some adjustments in the new version to weaken his immortality a bit^^

yes he is quite fun to play and is kinda unique :)

maybe you can download the v2.11 in a few hours. you should play him again then.i tried to make some cosmetic changes and added a trigger that lets you select him or the avatar of exodus when revived/summoned.

and i finally removed the possibility on heroselection to kill the other heroes. (yes, some people actually did that for whatever reason they had)

Level 1
lol i guess those were some of those 14years old wanna-be-bnet-rUl0rZ!!11oneone who always choose the orc blademaster or illidan >_>

Level 4
Update v2.12

After a long long time i decided to update my map, mostly to fix a disconnectbug and to further improve the gamebalance.

i dont think there are many people playing this map.
recently it seems as if nearly noone is playing on bnet at all, at least no useful aos maps :/

well, i think my map is pretty much fun at least on lan games, and will always be a rarity to be seen on bnet ;)

sooner or later i might rework one of the attacker-heroes to be more unique. i already got some ideas so lets see :)

Level 10
Hmm, I have been playing this map a lot recently in LAN and it's... well... it's not as good as the original. In this version I have never lost as attackers, some Heroes are ridiculously powerful, such as the Naga on the attackers side, while others are kinda weak, like the Marksman on the defenders side, or the horribly weak mind mage guy, I don't really know what you did to him but he's just not fun anymore.

Also, when you use any ability based off of avatar or metamorphosis, you tend to lose the ability to teleport.

I don't see a lot of variations from the first one either, other than the attempt of re balancing which didn't entirely work out, but I know your trying so that's ok.

I suggest fixing the game up some more for LAN fun or send me a copy and i'll do it myself :p

this game is still pretty good, it's just not living up to it's potential yet, keep working.

Level 4
you never lost as attackers? wow...

i always win with the team im playing .. xD
well, every time i play the psionist, people tell me he is overpowered thanks to his huge damageoutput, same goes for the sniper.
you just have to play your hero properly.

psionist deals awesome damage, but on the other side he has nearly no hitpoints.
sniper is rather balanced, he deals nice damage, but has less burstdamage(except when using his ultimate).
both heroes are lacking aoe abilities.

well i hope you can see that all heroes are somehow balanced around their "job" they are intended for.
the naga is a awesome pusher hero. thanks to his high hppool he can take quite alot of damage before dying. therefore his spells are very limited, and its a hard decision which ability to pick first with him.

if you want those things to be proven, we could make a match or two against each other ;)

post suggestions if you want to :)

oh btw: what do you mean with that teleportbug you described?
maybe more details ^^

Level 1
well its the same when im playing as the immortal...
they say like "omfg cheater!!! lame overpowered!! fu!!"
well for him...he has very small hp and some of his skill require his hp(his ultimate even his temporary death) to work properly...
well but i have to say...he IS extremely overpowerd when u combine him with that spell immune item(forgot its name...)
so his skills dont harm himself anymore and are still powerfull(except for the ulti)

Level 4
you got a point here ...

i dont really like the spellimmunity artifact. its one of the "old" items from the original version. i will replace it together with the 25%spelldmg reduc bracers ...

and yes, immortal is somehow powerful, but at the same time he is just weak because he has to sacrifice his own hp to deal proper damage. its one of the heroes of the category "anoying as hell",
and i like it this way ;)
other players just always see the pros, and not the cons of the hero.
if you are new, you cant know he takes 30% increased damage from attacks. and its not that obvious in the beginning that he almost kills himself with some spells.
but hey, its the minion of some godlike being. he HAS to be weird and powerful xD

Level 10
Well the problem with each hero having a specific job means they're pretty much screwed if they happen to pick the wrong heroes.

As the naga I've beaten almost every opponent I fight, and the psionist's ability that "confuses the targetted enemy hero" is just plain suck. Probably the worst ability in the game, it has a ridiculously high mana cost for something that isn't very useful at all, I suggest making it throw the target into a beserk fury, turning him neutral hostile for the same duration instead, and maybe lowering the psionists burst damage a bit.

Any ability that causes the hero to be registered as something else, such as Avatar, Metamorphasis, Bear Form, stuff like that, will remove the teleport ability from the character who casts it. Meaning they need to find a way back to their spawn and buy the teleport ability again. It happens whenever the sniper uses his ability that causes him to attack really fast. It's highly inconvenient for defenders, not as big of a deal for the attackers, since it rarely ever happens and you can get back to base easily.

Level 4
hmm i added a trigger that shouldve fixed that teleportbug, some versions ago .. gotta look at this

for the psionist and his confusion: you think this ability is useless? it prevents the target from doing anything harmful AND makes him walk into the wrong directions ... it is a really powerful spell and therefore it has a high manacost
his burstdamage might be high, but his hitpoints are really low as a compensation for that.

yes the naga and the berserker are, at attackers side, really useful heroes when it comes to pushing the lines.
in 1v1 they might be quite powerful, but normally the fights should look more like 3v3 or such, where the lowhp heroes try to prevent getting hit, and the heroes with a high hppool are the ones getting attacked.

i dont think either of those heroes with lots of hp is too strong in general, but i already had the idea they might be too fast. its not intended for any hero to follow an enemy over the whole map just to get a kill and then flee by using teleport without dying.

and for the "jobs" of the heroes: at start you got some time to have a quick look at a hero.
if you are completely new to the map, time might be too short. but at least after playing it twice it should be obvious what the heroes are good for. and giving it even more time would be anoying for anyone else in the map.

i thought about adding some kind of notes for the heroes, something about their difficulty, so that newbies could take some easier to play hero for the beginning. but then again thats only personal opinions ...

Level 2
Wow.

Interestingly enough I was just looking around this site for some random models and lo and behold I saw this. Jesus, it's been a while.

I've actually pulled out Regicide and been messing around with it for the past 4 years for use in some LAN parties. Not sure if anyone will see this thread anymore but if you are interested in a copy... I guess I could upload the newest version.

Level 4
ackpth0 still alive!! o0

hey! nice to find you *g*

searched for you but it seems you dont use that accountname that much xD

ye would be VERY nice to get the "original" version, would be easier to work with it :)

i always liked the map it was just lacking some serious balance changes ^^

Level 1
Update?

I am a big fan of the original map (Regicide v1.06?). Me and my friends still like to play it occasionally.

We are heavily interested in v.2, but when we tried to play the map it was already too late :(
It just doesn't work with the recent versions of warcraft.

Can one of the authors or anybody else PLEASE make it work again? Would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!