• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged Modeling/texture beginner help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Looking to start modeling/texturing in Reforged and I’m just asking what basic tools I need? I have Paint, Retera Model Studio, Cascview and GIMP but I don't know what either of those last two are used for. Not sure what else I need. I plan on doing some simple skin color changes on grunts and swapping out armors from skeletal orc’s to grunts and learn how to add red/orange glow for eyes, kinda just play around with the grunts, maybe some of y’all can give me tips. I assume this stuff is not difficult and maybe a good beginners start to familiarize myself with using the tools? Thanks to any tips and tricks. I’m new to this but I really want to start modifying/creating. I did watch some Retera videos on YT and got somewhat of a minor understanding of a few things. Thanks to Retera himself for the videos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.