• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged broke Additive materials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 65
Anyone else's hero-glows, portrait backgrounds, eye glow, or fire look as muggy and lifeless as mine?

fire-png.345748
fire2-png.345800

Also, why shouldn't I be able to use these options which I had before Reforged?
(Except Foliage, of course)
lighting-png.345749

Last edited:
Oh I could send you about a dozen pictures of shit that looks like crap in the so called 'SD' graphics....

I doubt this will be fixed by Blizzard so I went ahead and made a model edit request earlier today, I'm not sure what you're seeing in my screenshots in the request thread can be a result of the same stuff you're reporting here?

A plea for help (model edit request)

Level 65
@FeelsGoodMan it looks like they are using the new lighting engine but with settings tweaked to make torches (and only torches) look more or less like they did in the original.

If I were in a black mood, I'd even hazard the guess that they deliberately hampered the SD graphics in order to make Reforged look more appealing.

Out of curiosity, have you noticed that the teamcolours have changed in SD as well?
Red looks-- faintly pinkish to me, now. More vibrant/luminescent than the normal red we've had for ages.

@FeelsGoodMan it looks like they are using the new lighting engine
Yeah so I have heard.

If I were in a black mood, I'd even hazard the guess that they deliberately hampered the SD graphics in order to make Reforged look more appealing.
The thought has strafed me too...

Out of curiosity, have you noticed that the teamcolours have changed in SD as well?
Red looks-- faintly pinkish to me, now. More vibrant/luminescent than the normal red we've had for ages.
I haven't noticed as I haven't really tried playing. I will check in a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.