• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged AI dissected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
It seems the AI got even worse in Reforged (very obvious in some campaign missions), melee ai as well. Does anyone know why? Also, is there any improved ai for Reforged melee?

Level 4
Do you have any examples? I played through the campaign back in February and I did not see any issues.
I played the campaign about 6 months before Reforged, then after release. There are some levels that are strangely easier/ai less aggressive. Dont recall specific mission, however there are number of people also claiming something is changed with ai in reforged grievance list.
I can try to find example within a week or 2 if no one else knows.

Level 23
The grievance people had was that the Reign of Chaos campaigns used Frozen Throne upkeep (40v50 for low, 90v100 for max) and the attack type system (in RoC, piercing replaced magic type attacks). Though people complained about this, in many ways using the Frozen throne data actually made RoC missions harder, since RoC old data allowed mass towers to wipe out heavy unit waves that should never have died so easily. So, for example, in the final mission for orc RoC, infernal waves and fel orc attacks are now a serious issue, since massing towers cannot just obliterate them as it was in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.