• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Better place for the ShadowArm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
i am more convinced that blizzard literally fucked over with sinister intentions the RoC and TFT campaigns to sell Refunded.
last time when i played it back at 1.26, the campaign was smooth even on hard.

when they started to do the pre reforged patches, all of it was fubar, with the AI behaving with cheats and all inbetween, even hero inventories got hit by it in some missions.

worse is that recently i played the campaign on 1.29.2 all over again and really, it looks fubar compared to 1.26 and previous patches.

Level 17
i am more convinced that blizzard literally fucked over with sinister intentions the RoC and TFT campaigns to sell Refunded.
last time when i played it back at 1.26, the campaign was smooth even on hard.

when they started to do the pre reforged patches, all of it was fubar, with the AI behaving with cheats and all inbetween, even hero inventories got hit by it in some missions.

worse is that recently i played the campaign on 1.29.2 all over again and really, it looks fubar compared to 1.26 and previous patches.
This is very off-topic, but I will also say that Reforged was probably not even a likely idea before 1.30 :p
AI always had cheats and the hero inventory bugs were mostly small issues with the save systems (which tells me you may've had to load up a save game a lot), I won't say the issues that happen on campaigns on most patches after 1.21 aren't important, but I will say their existence was not intentional.

Next time, don't post this on a download archive post :p

Level 11
This is very off-topic, but I will also say that Reforged was probably not even a likely idea before 1.30 :p
AI always had cheats and the hero inventory bugs were mostly small issues with the save systems (which tells me you may've had to load up a save game a lot), I won't say the issues that happen on campaigns on most patches after 1.21 aren't important, but I will say their existence was not intentional.

Next time, don't post this on a download archive post :p
it is offtopic but i had no place better to post this if someone asks for a stable version for Single player campaign.

Reforged was probably not even a likely idea before 1.30
I think Blizzard knew internally around the time that 1.27 was created by the new team. It was a long time before the public knew. 1.29 released in 2018. But while 1.28 was live back in 2017, someone pinged me telling me I should apply to Blizzard to help with Warcraft III and seemed rather frustrated that they couldn't explain to me exactly why but said I should do it. They knew, even if I did not.

Level 11
You know, a few years ago there it was a leak of some strange Screenshots of War 3 that had models not even seen at SC2Mapster and everywhere else, those looked like the models we saw with refunded, and even had the said stuff that refunded promoted, but it was removed, which were the campaigns to fit with wow, one of the screens had Uther looking at some graveyard and some other screenhots in low quality.

those were "debunked" and deleted at MMO-C of all places because the idiots there are too blind and "mazed" to investigate, but strangely, it was deleted fast.
yesterday while raging a bit trying to fix the belf campaign for myself with proper BE models, i remembered of this.

and retera is right, if we take 1.27 they already had everything ready but were facing issues with the engine.

Plus, i knew a guy at the Wing Commander Community who works at blizzard and said that he was neck deep with another project, he was working with the SC1 remaster mostly, and didn't had time to work on the updates of his project, which was a Source port for the windows versions of Wing Commander 1 and 2 with the framerate speed fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.