• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

REDUCE UTMv4.0 -based map filesize?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
UTM (Ultimate Terraining Map) is the map I based my map on. The problem is, it has a 44 mb filesize which is obviously NOT allowed to run.

How do I make it so I reduce it? Do I have to remove most of the imported files?(Those I don't need)

Please dont tell me to start my map again I wasted a whole day trying to make a perfect looking map.

Level 6
UTM is not a template. It's more of an archive where you can check out all of the custom doodads and other models that you can import to your map easily, it's just done in a map because it's super easy to put all of the models in there and then be opened for checking out.

Considering the map itself has several different hundreds of models... well, you'd probably have to spend another day to just delete the models that are taking up the space. But I'd just import all of your work to another new map entirely, rework with what you have. Copy and paste might not be too difficult, unless most of the work is done in terrain.

Then, ouch. :S

Level 5
UTM is not a template. It's more of an archive where you can check out all of the custom doodads and other models that you can import to your map easily, it's just done in a map because it's super easy to put all of the models in there and then be opened for checking out.

Considering the map itself has several different hundreds of models... well, you'd probably have to spend another day to just delete the models that are taking up the space. But I'd just import all of your work to another new map entirely, rework with what you have. Copy and paste might not be too difficult, unless most of the work is done in terrain.

Then, ouch. :S
What do you mean copy and paste??? Oh my God...nevermind, this is a long shot project I think I can remake it T_T

Level 6
Triggers, units, etc etc whatever you made in the map. Don't feel bad, better find out today than never :)

Status
Not open for further replies.