• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

redscore's self-made music thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Last edited:
Sounds pretty good, I'm curious - what program are you working in?

The only thing I can really suggest so far would be to try and aim for some longer pieces and connect your ideas a little more, I know it's just a wip but like this track sounds very disjointed at the moment, like the ideas don't have much correlation:

http://soundcloud.com/redscores/walking-on-stars

Also moved to the sound/music art forums

Level 21
Thanks, yeah, walking on stars will be remade, but I forgot to make a project file... I will maybe replace it completely.

What programs I use? magix music maker 16 premium.

Edith: New replacement for walking on stars is in the playlist of galaxy conquest.

Edith 2: New song added, was in the mood for some ROCK N ROLL! :p

Last edited:
Level 17
First one sounds good. As Wherewolftherewolf said most of them need to be longer.

I think the first one who sound alot better with a full ochestra, as it sounds like the kinda thing you would get from Two steps from hell or Immediate Choir and Ochestra.
But yeh sad there is limitation with music software T_T although u could add some parts. Maybe some brass that can help.

Epic music kinda thing xD.

2nd one makes me think of a spaceship red lights flashing etc. Funky =D
More of backing music though. Maybe if there was a more defined melody.
The rest of the album sounds quite nice too. =D

Maybe instead of that being an attempt as an album. If you linked together the ideas. You could form a really good techno backing track to say a game or movie kinda thing.
Or trailer

Btw Galaxy Conquest Moon patrol is the best one i think. It has a more full texture. And a nice melody.

3rd one Yeh also needs a melody line. I see what you mean by a singer needed xD.
Sounds really funky. I guess you could say thats what rock is.

Really like them. Just some need finishing or adding too =D

Status
Not open for further replies.