• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Redeemer

Level 19
Redeemer

Introduction:
The Redeemer’s sole motivation is rooting out and destroying corruption. To that end, they use the various tools and tactics available to them to weaken their opponents' strength and resolve via Interrogation before meting out final Judgment. Fast and agile, the Redeemer is dangerous in close-quarters. The Redeemer will frequently employ holy water, chrisoms, blessed ashes and other relics to further increase the suffering inflicted upon their foes.

The Redeemer is a tireless foe of darkness and witchery of all kinds. As the taint of the Defilers continues to spread and more people are drawn to the dark arts, the Redeemer’s role has become increasingly important to the Gryphonwing Alliance. Fast, cunning and deadly, they dispense merciless judgment upon any who serve the darkness. While the people of the Gryphonwing Alliance agree that the Redeemer’s work is critically important, rare is the citizen who does not feel pangs of dread when they lay eyes upon one, for it is understood that most Redeemers would sooner burn an entire village to the ground than see a single follower of darkness go free.

4271488f0c38e3524d67d7bf5c1dfd82f6a4696.jpg

Credits: General Frank for the model.

Righteous Fury:
The Righteous Fury of the Redeemer fills the him with each swing of his weapon, and this divine power can then be used to fuel their offensive holy magic. This becomes something of both a freedom and a restriction for the Redeemer - since all of his magic is powered by Righteous Fury, he can throw himself wholeheartedly into melee combat to deal devastating holy damage, but at the same time, his damage output becomes dramatically worse when there are no enemies in arm's reach.

Playing as a Redeemer:
Whether you're positioning yourself for a devastating strike against an unwary enemy or going toe-to-toe in the thick of the fight, there are few places on the battlefield where a Redeemer does not belong. In the face of your tireless assaults and interrogation, your enemies quickly wither and fall – be it by blade or bullet. While your pistol can be a powerful and devastating weapon under the right circumstances, it is slow and awkward to reload in close-quarters. As such, you will make frequent use of the deadly speed and effectiveness of rapiers, knives, stakes, torches and daggers. You will also find it useful to anoint your weapons before a fight to dispatch your unholy enemies with even greater efficiency.

Playing against a Redeemer:
The Redeemer relies heavily on his ability to catch targets off guard or to distract them in the thick of a fight. A powerful melee fighter, he is at his most effective when he can keep on building Righteous Fury by striking its opponents with his blade. As such, it is critical that you not lose track of a Redeemer in the heat of battle. Keep them at range if you can - as their pistols are unreliable from a distance - and stay in front of them if they close in on you. A bullet in the head or a blade through the heart await those who do not.

Preview:

Abilities:

Repel Darkness
4271600a871465049cbad1cc4b42023b63d4b19.jpg

Cooldown: 5.00 seconds
Cast: instant (autocast)
Range: Melee Range
Cost: 25 Energy
Description: Deals Agi*2.2 damage to the target. If the target is classified; undead, it will burn for Agi*0.8 fire damage over 4 seconds.
Bullets of Confession
4271608b58117af780ee941f8b31923b43b12e0.jpg

Cooldown: 25.00 seconds
Cast: instant
Range: 700 Range
Cost: 25 Energy
Description: Stuns the target for 4 seconds. If the target is classified; undead, it will take Agi*1.2 damage on impact.
Divine Fury
42716527ed91aaab6fc1f8f3ee07ea32d4559f6.jpg

Cooldown: 60.00 seconds
Cast: instant
Range: -
Cost: Righteous Fury
Description: Deals Agi*2.8 holy damage to all nearby enemy units and drains 40 of their energy. If the enemies hit by the effect are classified; undead, they will lose an additional 30 energy and burn for Agi*1.2 fire damage over 4 seconds.
The abilities above are just a part of the hero's abilities and might change as well.

Last edited:
Level 36
As mentioned, many of you're heroes seem to be inspired by Warhammer, and this comes through quite a bit too much. I would reccomend trying to make new exclusive names for you're heroes. Redeemer is, however, the most special of the lot.

Level 19
As mentioned, many of you're heroes seem to be inspired by Warhammer, and this comes through quite a bit too much. I would reccomend trying to make new exclusive names for you're heroes. Redeemer is, however, the most special of the lot.

True, but the thing is. I played Warhammer a while and liked certain class idea's in there so I wanted to bring things like that in this game. However alot of the classes I made now have nothing to do with the classes in there. Take per example the Summoner or Archmage.

Level 36
While there is no problem in getting inspiration from somewhere and copying and adapting it over to your own project, there is the neccessity of consealing, however. For instance, take the slayer class, nothing wrong with it functioining like the Slayer in Warhammer, but by giving it another name, take for instance, Spinebreaker, it seems all of a sudden more.. ahh... personal. Thats all that I am saying ^^

Level 19
While there is no problem in getting inspiration from somewhere and copying and adapting it over to your own project, there is the neccessity of consealing, however. For instance, take the slayer class, nothing wrong with it functioining like the Slayer in Warhammer, but by giving it another name, take for instance, Spinebreaker, it seems all of a sudden more.. ahh... personal. Thats all that I am saying ^^

Yes I know, I dont like the name either lol. It's just that I don't really care that much about it. Who knows it might get changed after all.

Level 19
Added a small video of the Gryphonwing Questing area to the first post.
You will see me leveling a Redeemer from level 1 to 5.